CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   5th Tuition Done? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3466)

5th Tuition 12-01-2017 01:10 PM

5th Tuition Done?

2 Attachment(s)
Well, yesterday was a good way to end the season (if I don't trailer to Point Lookout in Dec.)
Most of the consistent fishing has been south of the bridge, so I decided to make the long run to Bloody for my final trip out of Bodkin Creek. Knowing the afternoon bite has been easier, we didn't leave the slip until 8:30am.
The winds were calm and the trip south saw us hugging the western shore looking for signs of life on our way down. We did see some birds "flying" near the water north of Thomas Point. We tried producing some fish, but nothing nearby.
Our run continued until we dropped lines near the green can south of West River.
There wasn't much to drop on, there were no birds to show the way, and big bait balls were not around either. Earlier in the fall season, there were birds working and even gannets diving in this area. Now, you are lucky to find a bird show that lasts for more than three minutes. By the time you get there, it's already over:eek:
I had two friends out there with me searching (Patent Pending and Backdraft). We picked up a few "shorts" and stayed in touch with the other boats as we each took a different area to search.
I noticed backdraft pulling rods, then the phone call from patent Pending that it was "game on" farther south. As I watched Patent Pending roll past me, Doug, on Backdraft called to confirm the "rumor".
5th Tuition was the last to pull rods:mad: We had everything cleared in about ten minutes:D By now, both charter boats were well below me.
I kicked 5th in the a$$ and we ran 30mph south. We quickly caught and passed Patent Pending:D Backdraft, which has twin diesels was more difficult to catch.
As we passed her, we snapped a quick photo:D Although we were the last to pick up, we were the first to drop lines:)
We put a quick limit of 23-25 inch fish in the cooler and knowing we had a long 30 mile run home; we called to each of our friends and thanked them for the information and the ability to fish alongside them on a good bite.
I hope to trailer south during the month of December, but that's dependent on quite a few things (weather, availability due to Holiday commitments). If this was our last trip, it was well worth the run south to end the season. There may be bigger fish still being caught up north, but who cares, I needed to run some of the "old fuel" out of 5th and be able to fill with new fuel for the winter (at least that's what I'm telling the wife:D).
Thanks to all the friends that have stepped foot on 5th Tuition this season. It has been a productive season; we even caught our fish in the SLOW trophy season.
Thanks to all those (both on and off this board) who have provided information to me in order to be successful. Headed to the boat to clean her before pulling her this weekend:mad:
5th

Mako mike 12-01-2017 06:26 PM

Nice report Marty. I.T makes my day to read all and any reports while I’m down. I got a feeling I.T won’t be your last trip as I’ve been monitoring Mike at Buzzes Facebook reports and he and the others down there are starting to catch some beautiful fish down that way! If you want to haul the fifth down on the back of my truck so I can fully stretch my peg leg out on backseat, I can call down there and see what the going rate may be to get a beat up overweight guy out of truck and into the boat with a tow truck! Either way I’m sure once you get the word you’ll be screaming down Rt.2