CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Lying to the Easter Bunny was a great time!! (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2535)

Chessie27 04-20-2014 03:36 PM

Lying to the Easter Bunny was a great time!!

Coming from a split home and marrying into a split home and all the folks are local, holidays are always a challenge. This year instead of rushing around like an idiot to have 4 family meals all 30 minutes apart we told them we were going somewhere else instead and so on and so on until we just happened to have no obligations. Well what else is there to do now but go fishing!?! Met up with Shoreboy6, his better half, my queen and I and away we went.
Trolled above the bridge off Kent island with 17 rods spread. Caught 4 nice fish-35",36", 37", and 1 just over 40". At least one of these were a personal best!! :). Rougher than I would like it to be but then laid down a bit once the tide changed. All fish were released. Hit mostly white tandems off boards but the 40" was a deep boat rod with a white Spankin Striper tandem.
For a day I should have been stressed out running from family to family, it was a great Easter with friends instead. I may have to try this trick again......

Now headed out on the Chester to chase some catfish!!!

Also coached a buddy on getting his boat's first fish- a nice 33". He tried all last season, without much luck but today was his opening day and the curse has been broken!!! :)

5th Tuition 04-20-2014 05:16 PM

Congratulations on "dodging" the relatives. Don't do it too often, some day you might need to go into a nursing home:eek:
You want them to pick a nice one by the water for you:D

Glad you picked up some nice fish north of the bridge.
5th

Chessie27 04-20-2014 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Monster Catfish delivered!! :eek: (Plus a white perch and an eel).

Been a long day, might be time for a little cocktail.

5th- Darn fine point sir!! Think it's too late for an Easter egg hunt??

Rivercat09 04-20-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 17737)
Monster Catfish delivered!! :eek: (Plus a white perch and an eel).

Been a long day, might be time for a little cocktail.

5th- Darn fine point sir!! Think it's too late for an Easter egg hunt??

Jeff,

How big were the monster cats? were you in the Potomac using gizzard shads? It's good to hear that fish are hitting both north and south of the bridge.

Don

Chessie27 04-21-2014 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivercat09 (Post 17738)
Jeff,

How big were the monster cats? were you in the Potomac using gizzard shads? It's good to hear that fish are hitting both north and south of the bridge.

Don

Don,
In the Chester
on garlic shrimp
Look closer, she is showing you the "monster" but the black glove makes it tough to see :D

bhl 04-22-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 17734)
Coming from a split home and marrying into a split home and all the folks are local, holidays are always a challenge. This year instead of rushing around like an idiot to have 4 family meals all 30 minutes apart we told them we were going somewhere else instead and so on and so on until we just happened to have no obligations. Well what else is there to do now but go fishing!?! Met up with Shoreboy6, his better half, my queen and I and away we went.
Trolled above the bridge off Kent island with 17 rods spread. Caught 4 nice fish-35",36", 37", and 1 just over 40". At least one of these were a personal best!! :). Rougher than I would like it to be but then laid down a bit once the tide changed. All fish were released. Hit mostly white tandems off boards but the 40" was a deep boat rod with a white Spankin Striper tandem.
For a day I should have been stressed out running from family to family, it was a great Easter with friends instead. I may have to try this trick again......

Now headed out on the Chester to chase some catfish!!!

Also coached a buddy on getting his boat's first fish- a nice 33". He tried all last season, without much luck but today was his opening day and the curse has been broken!!! :)

Glad you had a nice Easter day on the bay. One day I will tell you my story of Easter 2014. Let me say that we did get 3 fish after we finally got out:D however I donated a rib or two and a toe to Easter Bunny:eek:
The Bunny is not to be messed with.

bhl (Bruce)