CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fishing Report, Friday, April 2 Mid Bay (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=658)

Reverb 04-05-2010 08:08 AM

Fishing Report, Friday, April 2 Mid Bay

Well so much for a " Beautiful Day ".. Southeast winds and a pretty strong outgoing, made for a washing machine. Not to mention I was in SHORTS:eek::eek:

CRAP.... So I froze my ass of the entire day.
Plan was to look for Gannets and see whats under them. Saw plenty of birds from Parkers to the RIPS, but they were just playing. Nothing bunched up whatsoever.

Did the little song and dance at the RIPS. Nothing to write home about. Saw ONE Fish, saw Pete, saw some jerkoff in a 20' POS with a very smokey 2 stroke, that he decided to leave on the entire time and motor straight up the RIP.

Slow trot back to CB, praying for a GOOD FRIDAY, Gannet Rain Show, which never happened.

Home by 8:30, or there abouts....

Fish Nut 04-05-2010 09:12 AM

Shorts !!!! Sorry to hear about the cold day. Any day on the water is a good day. Thanks for the report. I think the fish are running a week or two behind.

The boat ran well.

Steve F 04-05-2010 09:45 AM

Well at least you guys caught something can't say that about us. Hey did you see the weather for this week not looking to good right now but that can change.....:confused:

Reverb 04-05-2010 11:26 AM

Steve Friday looks like a little rain and the weekend is clear as a bell.
Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.

Friday
Cloudy in the morning...then becoming partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cooler with highs in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Friday Night
Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Cooler with lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
sunny
Saturday through Sunday
Mostly clear. Highs around 60. Lows in the mid 40s.

Whats not to like ??? We can play footsies under the table if your feet get cold...:p

REMINDER: Caps at Pitt tomorrow.... 7:00 PM

Fish Nut 04-05-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverb (Post 6122)
Saturday through Sunday
Mostly clear. Highs around 60. Lows in the mid 40s.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Steve F 04-05-2010 01:44 PM

Just to let you know I have not forgotten that you’re buying me a beer…..I was looking at the winds for Friday and Saturday but it can’t be as bad as last year. I don’t care about the rain as long as we don’t see any flashes from the sky….

By the way they play the Bruins tonight it's on Versus and it starts at 7.

Blakesdad 04-05-2010 02:43 PM

I got your beer, not a problem.. I'll ask for the Senior Citizen Discount for you !!!!

Wind looks below 10 all weekend.. What the f site are you looking at ???:rolleyes:

More concerned about Terpheels... He might be the sleeper this year.. I don;t mind buying his beer, but I do mind watching him put a lime in it...:D

Steve F 04-05-2010 04:47 PM

Now maybe Jack for the Senior Citizen Discount but not me I get the kids discount. :D

This is the weahter I have been looking at.

Tonight
SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot.
Tue
SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
Tue Night
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 ft...waves 2 to 3 ft at the mouth of the Bay.
Wed
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 ft.
Wed Night
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 ft.
Thu
SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
Thu Night
SW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers in the evening...then showers likely with a chance of tstms after midnight.
Fri
NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. Showers likely with a chance of tstms in the morning.
Sat
W winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. Winds and waves higher in and near tstms.