CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's next? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1836)

Bend-Lure 05-07-2012 02:37 PM

What's next?

Now that rockfish season is behind us, what's next? We had an abysmal weekend fishing out of Solomons. I am over rockfishing for a while.

I am gearing up for the first couple of shark trips the last weekend in May and the first weekend in June. Hope I didn't miss the Mako like I missed the rockfish bite.

So what's next for you guys?

Skip 05-07-2012 03:19 PM

I plan some dive trips near bay bridge to take advantage of clear water.

Can not wait until May 15th - smaller Rock will be legal then , lots of fat 24 to 28 inchers around.

Hope to get offshore 1st or 2nd week of June for Makos.

Spot77 05-07-2012 06:50 PM

Agree with Skip, the smaller Rockfish bring a whole new type of fun.

And the White Perch bite means I can go fishing with the kids, and with some of my friends who have small kids. They'd get bored waiting for a Rockfish bite but warmer weather means the White Perch get STOOPID with their bite, and that's great for kids.

onefishnfool 05-07-2012 07:45 PM

Jetski fishing for flounder.

5th Tuition 05-07-2012 10:03 PM

What's next?

Sleep:D

I've been getting up at 3:30 each morning to be in Deale and prep the boat for charter.

5th (Marty)

Blakesdad 05-15-2012 04:55 PM

FLOUNDER FLOUNDER FLOUNDER.. We had a good weekend three weeks ago in a new location and I can't wait to get back.

Now my sources also say the trout bite is " like back in the old days" and a whole lot closer..

This weekend looks SCHWEET, so I'll end up somewhere...

Spot77 05-16-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 13535)
FLOUNDER FLOUNDER FLOUNDER.. We had a good weekend three weeks ago in a new location and I can't wait to get back.

Now my sources also say the trout bite is " like back in the old days" and a whole lot closer..

This weekend looks SCHWEET, so I'll end up somewhere...

I was afraid you drank yourself to death after the Caps lost.

Good to see that your eyes are clear enough to start typing again.:D

crabby and son 05-17-2012 06:35 PM

I will be running my trot lines the first of June............Gary

ste6168 05-19-2012 02:08 PM

What's next? June 8th!!! For all you non-teachers, that is the last day for students and the OFFICIAL first day of summer break for me!

Fishing though... Trotlining, livelining, and jigging. Summer is a great time of the year in the bay. Hoping to get offshore once or twice this summer as well.

Spot77 05-21-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabby and son (Post 13545)
I will be running my trot lines the first of June............Gary

Neighbor picked up about 3/4 bushel in 3 hours on the north side of the Magothjy a few days ago. Good size crabs....not huge, but worth the effort.

I think he ran 600' of line.