CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Are we going to have a normal year? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=544)

Francis 03-09-2010 10:03 PM

Are we going to have a normal year?

What's everyones predictions for this season? Here's mine. You Yankees up the bay are going to take a back seat to the boys down south. The gas docks and false channel are going to be a dead zone, but 72 and the middle grounds is going to be the hot ticket this year after spring season just like 04 and earlier.

Oh, and the spot population is going to crash! Just kidding. . .

crabby and son 03-09-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francis (Post 5204)
What's everyones predictions for this season? Here's mine. You Yankees up the bay are going to take a back seat to the boys down south. The gas docks and false channel are going to be a dead zone, but 72 and the middle grounds is going to be the hot ticket this year after spring season just like 04 and earlier.

Oh, and the spot population is going to crash! Just kidding. . .

PLO has always been a hot area. Much depends on the amount of rainfall and salinity of the water. Spring will tell. The spot are taking a major a$$ whipping over the past 4 years though. Think positive!..........Gary

Breakaway 03-09-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francis (Post 5204)
72 and the middle grounds is going to be the hot ticket this year.

I don't have a prediction, but I hope you're right.:D

Rex 03-09-2010 11:22 PM

Things will probably get going 2-3 weeks later than usual due to the intense cold temps and the snow melts. It'll be interesting to see how the spot population is after a few years of a lot of livelining.

I'm most intrested in seeing how the flounder fishing is. It seemed to me like a lot more people targeted them last year.

Steve F 03-10-2010 08:20 AM

I think that the that the Upper Bay will be good this year but what do I know I’m just a dumb ass fisherman. :D

Blakesdad 03-10-2010 08:28 AM

Francis, a little birdy told me that there's going to be some renovations to the shoreline in front of the Gas Docks, so thats sure to mess up the fishing.

I want to believe that E BAY and the Tank will rival lasts years production.

If it doesn't I'll just be driving farther South to 72 area.

Skip 03-10-2010 10:14 AM

The lower bay will be over ran by huge Cow nose rays and Bluefish. So thick you will not catch any Rock :D

Upper bay will be clear with 6-8 foot viz. :rolleyes:

I think the spring trolling will be very good in late April. Too good in fact for roe ladden Rock due to cooler water.

Summer - most likely a repeat of 2009. Maybe even see a few Sea Trout.
More Red Drum caught as more fishermen go after those beasts on a C/R basis. Should be more Flounder - an inch under the limit :mad:

Conjuror 03-10-2010 11:25 AM

No, not a normal year....I expect things will heat up around late June just in time for the Calvert Cliffs Monster Shark Tournament.

B-Faithful 03-10-2010 11:37 AM

Maybe we are going back to normal times. In just one year Obama has eliminated global warming here in Maryland.

Bug Guy 03-10-2010 01:57 PM

In my opinion:
Not a normal year. Will be cold late. Salinity in upper parts (bay and flats) lower than normal through the spring. I predict a late run in and a late run out.