CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fun Meeting (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2840)

mlag 03-20-2015 11:06 AM

Fun Meeting

Hey guys if you are interested, a bunch of us are having our annual get together on April 1st. We are meeting at Marty's in Edgewater (on Mayo Road) around 5:30 pm. Jim is kind enough to discount cash purchases that evening by 15% and card purchases (debit and credit) by 10% on most items other than rods/reels, etc in which he has agreements with manufacturers. After spending a few dollars (or a bunch of dollars depending on what I need:)) we slip down to Adam's Ribs a few blocks away for dinner and a few cold ones. This is the 8th year for this event in which all seem to enjoy. There are usually 6 to 8 ladies there as well if any of your better halfs are interested in coming. Hope to see you there.
Please put a note on this board if you think you will be attending so that I can give an approximate head count.
Mark

Mako mike 03-20-2015 11:52 AM

I will try my best. Wife's birthday on the 1st. Go figure born on April fools day and winds up with me for 30+ years. Poor girl!

240 LTS 03-20-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 19525)
I will try my best. Wife's birthday on the 1st. Go figure born on April fools day and winds up with me for 30+ years. Poor girl!

Exact same thing here believe it or not.
She will be 55!!!!
Holy crap. I'm married to a 55 year old!!! :eek:
Hottest 55 y/o I know! ;) :D

Mako mike 03-20-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240 LTS (Post 19526)
Exact same thing here believe it or not.
She will be 55!!!!
Holy crap. I'm married to a 55 year old!!! :eek:
Hottest 55 y/o I know! ;) :D

Mine is pretty hot too ......... Everytime I go down the keys or go fishing!

240 LTS 03-20-2015 03:46 PM

:D :rolleyes:

Tawn 03-20-2015 04:08 PM

Im in.

See ya'll there.

jimbob1 03-20-2015 06:42 PM

I'm in.
Be good to put faces to names on here.

Skip 03-20-2015 06:48 PM

You know I'll be there - always a fun night. Hopefully they are still serving 151 rum.

5th Tuition 03-21-2015 02:59 AM

Well if Tawn is in:D

I'm trying to make it.
5th

bhl 03-21-2015 05:36 AM

I'm in. See everyone then.

Chessie27 03-21-2015 11:03 AM

I'm going to do my best to make it. Unless this is a April fools joke to see if we can get Jeff to drive an hour 15 each way.......:eek:

mlag 03-21-2015 11:14 AM

No April's fool. We will be there. Now if the 5th had started this thread, then I would have been concerned:D

Tawn 03-29-2015 07:03 PM

Gotta back out. Evidently USCG Baltimore sector won't accept the inspection we did last week in NJ by the Philadelphia sector so we have to redo it 2 April.

Actually, I have to do it, Shawn is on a cruise...lol

I have to get underway and do a man overboard drill and fire drill and I'd rather not do that with a fat head after spending the previous evening with you yahoos.

Strangely enough, I thought the USCG was a federal agency and a certification for "Bays, Sounds and Costal Waters" included the Chesapeake Bay. :confused:

mlag 03-30-2015 10:08 AM

Good luck with 2nd inspection. Will have one for you in your absence:)

reds 03-30-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawn (Post 19578)
Gotta back out. Evidently USCG Baltimore sector won't accept the inspection we did last week in NJ by the Philadelphia sector so we have to redo it 2 April.

Actually, I have to do it, Shawn is on a cruise...lol

I have to get underway and do a man overboard drill and fire drill and I'd rather not do that with a fat head after spending the previous evening with you yahoos.

Strangely enough, I thought the USCG was a federal agency and a certification for "Bays, Sounds and Costal Waters" included the Chesapeake Bay. :confused:

It's always been that way. I thought it had changed, when you mentioned the inspection up in NJ.
Each commander is king of his sector and has individual discretion.

Tawn 03-30-2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reds (Post 19583)
It's always been that way. I thought it had changed, when you mentioned the inspection up in NJ.
Each commander is king of his sector and has individual discretion.

Not what they told us when we called and asked the first week of March.

reds 03-31-2015 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawn (Post 19584)
Not what they told us when we called and asked the first week of March.

Question... Baltimore told you it was ok, then changed their mind?

bhl 03-31-2015 02:10 PM

Mark,
I thought I was going to be able to make it but I can't. Thanks for lining it up. I'll catch up to everyone on the water in the next few weeks.

Tawn 03-31-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reds (Post 19585)
Question... Baltimore told you it was ok, then changed their mind?

Yes. The person I spoke with in early March said I would not need to do another full up COI re-inspection, that the annual COI inspection in NJ would be good. They went on to say that they would give us a "new to the area" courtesy inspection when they did the round up but that it wouldn't be a full up COI type inspection - more of the type of inspection you would get if you were stopped on the water.

When I called back - just to be sure, I spoke with someone else and was told we would need to re-do the COI inspection.

No biggie - the boat is fully ready, I was just hoping to save my vacation time for weekday trips and not burn one doing a USCG inspection.

No harm - no foul: You live and learn.

Chessie27 04-02-2015 05:12 AM

Mlag- thanks for the invite, it was a good time. It's always fun talking to friends about fishing, especially over good food and drink. I look forward to at least placing in your Upcoming Event with my fancy new shads! :eek: (I added them to the others I had already bought at some point in time :rolleyes:)
Thanks again!!

bhl 04-02-2015 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 19590)
Mlag- thanks for the invite, it was a good time. It's always fun talking to friends about fishing, especially over good food and drink. I look forward to at least placing in your Upcoming Event with my fancy new shads! :eek: (I added them to the others I had already bought at some point in time :rolleyes:)
Thanks again!!

Sorry I couldn't make it. What is the Upcoming Event?

Chessie27 04-02-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 19591)
Sorry I couldn't make it. What is the Upcoming Event?

It's a LOT of letters. The SRRKC PSCR Rockfish Rukus on April 11th. Skip has all the details and maybe he can chime in?? If not, you can look at the SRRKC's board on TF and get the details. OR, you could mate for Marty and Margaret....?

bhl 04-03-2015 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 19594)
It's a LOT of letters. The SRRKC PSCR Rockfish Rukus on April 11th. Skip has all the details and maybe he can chime in?? If not, you can look at the SRRKC's board on TF and get the details. OR, you could mate for Marty and Margaret....?

Marty and Margaret?? I must have missed a very weird meeting Wednesday.

Chessie27 04-03-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 19595)
Marty and Margaret?? I must have missed a very weird meeting Wednesday.

Sorry, I'm the captain and Margaret is MY mate, but Marty is going too. You know how he is!!! Therefore, mating for Margaret and Marty :eek: