CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My Rant About Speedboats (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=879)

Bend-Lure 06-15-2010 01:41 PM

What amazes me is when you run 65 miles offshore, thinking you are getting away from everyone. You get to the tip of the canyon and everyone is right on top of each other running over other people's lines. Everybody wants the same piece of water, I guess.

uncljohn 06-15-2010 03:04 PM

all good instances where a 3oz drop sinker would have come in handy. Add a wrist-rocket to the mix and boats should stay a good 100' away from me! Just got to lead 'em enough w/ your shot.

crabby and son 06-15-2010 05:12 PM

I don't care if a boat is fishing in or near the channel. When I am running, I slow down until I pass the fishing boat and then get back on plane. I don't want to be responsible for knocking some one into the water from my wake. I have been fishing by the Rt. 90 bridge in O.C. and had 40' boats blow by me at 20 feet. Some people just don't care!...........Gary

JigStix 06-15-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabby and son (Post 7566)
I don't care if a boat is fishing in or near the channel. When I am running, I slow down until I pass the fishing boat and then get back on plane. I don't want to be responsible for knocking some one into the water from my wake. I have been fishing by the Rt. 90 bridge in O.C. and had 40' boats blow by me at 20 feet. Some people just don't care!...........Gary

Agree 100%, wish everyone else, INCLUDING other fishermen felt this way. Glad someone has some courtesy out there

garlien 06-16-2010 09:33 PM

Agreed...I do the same...I like to get to the next place as fast as anyone, but I at least have the common courtesy to slow down for folks...

Night Nurse 06-16-2010 10:10 PM

If you think the Bay is tight try Deep Creek Lake or Lake Anna on a weekend. THAT will freak you out.

TED

Just testing the program

Night Nurse 06-16-2010 10:11 PM

Hey it did work!

Reverb 06-16-2010 11:33 PM

Ted, I've been to Deep Creek on a holiday weekend.. I did it once and I'll never do it again. Thats a TRUE MESS.

But on the other hand Ocean City in the Thorofare or behind Assateague, is the same way..

I can live with blow boaters, and speed boats.. Its those damn Jet Skis that irk the **** out of me.

240 LTS 06-23-2010 08:34 AM

Had dinner at Harris's the other night and a "Hey look at me and my wild paint job on my LOUD go fast boat" kept going back and forth in the Narrows looking at the people on the pier, restaurant area. Not sure what he was looking for or was he trolling for chicks? Granted he wasn't going fast but he was looking for attention. Maybe he wasn't hugged as a kid?
db!

garlien 06-23-2010 12:03 PM

Sounds like he was not hugged, never got that one toy he wanted for Christmas, and is deaf, dumb, and blind to go with it...

Sounds like most of the people we are all talking about....Maybe if he had a wife she would tell him to quiet the @#$@# down and slow down...

Oh yeah if he had that kind of boat, he doesnt have a wife or a life....