CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   12/1 Point lookout (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2421)

1morecast 12-02-2013 09:46 AM

12/1 Point lookout

We launched out of Point lookout at sunrise and fished till sunset.I was looking for big fish and ran all 9" shads.Had boards out and four deep umbrellas.Covered the area from buoy 66 to 65 and then some.Really never marked that much bait or fish.The water Temp was 44-47.There was a fleet of boats at the mouth of the river all day.As we worked are way back to the mouth of the river I pulled two umbrellas up and tied 6"Storm shads on.That was the ticket. Had two fish in the boat 21" and 24" in a half hour.Not what we were looking for but the skunk was off the boat.You could probably load the boat up with small fish using 6" baits and boat rods at the mouth of the river.Not sure where the big fish are but I didn't find them.Hope this will help someone thinking of making the trip down there.Time to winterize and wrap the girl up till March.Good luck!

Dan (1morecast)

Spot77 12-02-2013 01:51 PM

We were running small gear yesterday as well, but there ain't a single damn fish left north of the bridge.

Good job on the save.

Breakaway 12-02-2013 05:58 PM

We fished the PLO area yesterday also. We jigged and caught fish, but nothing special. It was very strange for this time of year to see some charter boats jigging under birds and others trolling but running only boat rods with small baits. Not many running big baits and planer boards. I guess with the lack of big fish they are doing whatever they can to put fish in the boat.

Did hear one guy on the radio yesterday say he caught a 40lber in the river. You would have thought he was a celebrity the way everyone was congratulating him.

Breakaway 12-02-2013 08:59 PM

I thought about putting my boat away also, but saw this today. 55lbs. and caught just below Solomons on Saturday. Still 2 weeks left....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...19608610_n.jpg

1morecast 12-02-2013 09:16 PM

Go get them Breakaway!My boat is all put away now.I might get to tag along with a friend this coming weekend.....maybe

Chessie27 12-02-2013 09:31 PM

Dear Lord that is a pig!! Can't seem to make up my mind whether to run down there Thursday til Saturday or not. Crew leaning towards not but may need to forward this picture to get them thinkin'....:rolleyes:

Chessie27 12-03-2013 09:08 PM

That picture worked!! We are heading south baby!! 3 friends from work and I will be at the Holiday Inn in Solomons Thursday and Friday night. Chat us up if you're in the area. We will be on my boat, probably on 68 unless I hear of a better channel or my cell is 410-708-0087.
Two of the crew are identical twins so if you think your seeing double, be sure to introduce yourself. I'll be the youngest and fattest guy in the group! :eek:
(I just wish the twins looked more like the crew I often dream about...:rolleyes:)

bhl 12-03-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 16814)
That picture worked!! We are heading south baby!! 3 friends from work and I will be at the Holiday Inn in Solomons Thursday and Friday night. Chat us up if you're in the area. We will be on my boat, probably on 68 unless I hear of a better channel or my cell is 410-708-0087.
Two of the crew are identical twins so if you think your seeing double, be sure to introduce yourself. I'll be the youngest and fattest guy in the group! :eek:
(I just wish the twins looked more like the crew I often dream about...:rolleyes:)

Jeff,
Have fun and let me know how you do. I will be on Love Point for a tree trimming party:D after I put my winter cover on:(

bhl (Bruce)