CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Skunk :( (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3152)

5th Tuition 03-23-2016 08:43 PM

Skunk :(

1 Attachment(s)
Took the boat out of indoor storage today. Dropped her at the marina (Bodkin Creek) and took off for a few hours of catching fish:D

Had some intel on the boat that all bait and fish were showing in the channel. Dropped lines above Balt. Light and marked slight amount of bait and very few fish. Every time I swung outside of the channel, we lost all marks.

We zigged and zagged from east side to west side down the channel toward the bridge. Just north of Sandy Point Light, the water gets deep 60+ ft all the way across the bay.

Because the bait was in deep water, I figured we could swing wide toward the eastern shore and search this area. But we once again lost all marks. You Had To Be In The Channel:eek:

I made a swing back toward the western channel and the outgoing current was ripping (full moon).

Still nothing, so in order NOT to be late for my colonoscopy (oops, I mean tax preparer); we called it a day and pulled lines.

Headed back to the slip to find the water turned on at the pier (thanks Jay). Hosed some of the salt spray off the boat and headed home.

Not the way I had hoped the first trip would go, but the boat ran well (had a bunch of preventative maintenance done this winter). AND, I didn't find anything glaring that I forgot to put back on the boat:)

So, all in all, a good shakedown cruise. I will say one thing (yep, here it comes);
PSCR SUCKS with 6 rods. Thanks DNR:mad:
5th

bhl 03-24-2016 05:07 AM

She looks good back in the slip.

Mako mike 03-24-2016 05:36 AM

Welcome home neighbor, at least for the time being. Looks as if Jeff, Garlein and I will be the only ones left up here for the season! At least Marty won't be catching all OUR fish up here in the frigid north!

Drew S 03-24-2016 10:28 AM

Thanks for the report. Too bad about the skunk, but I bet its feels good to be back on the water. Another week to get out of inside storage for myself. Then I will be going out of the Bodkin as well!

Mako mike 03-24-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew S (Post 21473)
Thanks for the report. Too bad about the skunk, but I bet its feels good to be back on the water. Another week to get out of inside storage for myself. Then I will be going out of the Bodkin as well!

Damn another one out of the bodkin. Pretty soon we are going to rule. Where do you come out of on the bodkin?

No Ragrets 03-24-2016 01:19 PM

Best to get the skunk out of the way now.

5th Tuition 03-24-2016 06:42 PM

We were only half heartedly fishing with 6 rods. Bruce was hitting his nine iron off the back of the fish box. He was getting ready for 18 holes today:eek:
5th

garlien 03-24-2016 10:18 PM

Marty remember there aren't any damn fish in this bay !

bhl 03-25-2016 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 21476)
We were only half heartedly fishing with 6 rods. Bruce was hitting his nine iron off the back of the fish box. He was getting ready for 18 holes today:eek:
5th

As bad as fishing was, my round of golf was worse :o. I twas a beautiful day though.
I guess I should stick to fishing.
Going to the boat today and clean up the inside and get things organized for the year.

Drew S 03-25-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 21474)
Damn another one out of the bodkin. Pretty soon we are going to rule. Where do you come out of on the bodkin?

Pleasure Cove Marina. How about the rest of ya?