CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Floundering in Wachapreague (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1290)

Blakesdad 04-12-2011 02:55 PM

Floundering in Wachapreague

About 6 years ago, I started a weekend get together in Wachaprague, and adeptly called called it Flounderfest. Started out with about 8 of us, and over the years has grown to about twenty or so.

This past weekend was Flounderfest 2011. Started Friday, with winds kicking up to 30, and a lot of rain. Saturday it calmed down just a tad. Sunday, ( of course) was the perfect weather day.

The past years the bite has been slow, and small. This year, for whatever reason, the bite was decent, and some larger fish available.

Even Steve, Rod Maker to the Stars, caught one !!!

I would suggest getting your asses down there, post haste:)

When the water was dirty, orange and lime green were the tickets, to get the flounders attention. Sunday, the water was Gin Clear, and the orange and lime didn;t catch a thing. We quickly moved over to all white, and that was the ticket.

Bait was Minnies, Smelts and Shiners. The Drawing and Green Channels were the place to be. Don't be shy to " move away" from the crowd. Fish along the crab pot line, and you should do well.:)

A little tip, since I had the hot hand on Sunday. I've been stubbornly using 1/4 white spinner bait, for over a year now, with minimal success and a lot of crap from my boyz. I added a 4" white twister tail and a shiner... Bingo......;););)

Johnny Law was riding with the Coasties, checking everyone.. So make sure your fish are legal, and your boat up to date..

Mr. Lewis finally sold Captain Zed's. New owner seems nice enough and kept Debbi and another old salt there. Don's Tackle was open for a change, and had some neat rigs.

terpheels 04-12-2011 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
drunk and disorderly

Steve F 04-13-2011 06:27 AM

Just to let you know I caught 3 flatties but only 1 was a keeper. I don’t know what I do wrong that I can’t catch a damn fish but I gave it everything I had. Man what a great time and I’m glad that you guys fished down with us that was fun. I think that back trolling has something to do with it. I guess I’m looking forward to Flounder Fest 2012 I just have to figure those damn fish out. It was good seeing you and the gang at Rob’s man what a good time that was. Maybe we can make it a little later next year like MAY so the weather can be just a tad better. I remember 3 or 4 years ago when we woke up and we had white caps in a puddle of water outside the door. :eek: Thanks for the laughts B it was fun other then getting stopped by the Po Po when I left to head home :mad: thank God for a badge that I showed him and he sent me on my way....:D

Blakesdad 04-22-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terpheels (Post 10595)
drunk and disorderly

Rob you little prick !! :eek::eek::eek: That's hysterical...:D:D:D

Anyhouts, Rob has a VERY comfortable couch. After way to many beers, a very long day of fishing, and getting up at 2 AM, yes thats me, out like a light, at about 10:30 PM.

Now then somebody ask about Shady Grady...:eek: And his evening....;););)

Or Timbo throwing up all over the bathroom....:confused::confused::confused:

I'm a frickin Saint....:)

Hillbilly Boater 04-27-2011 05:33 PM

Just got back on here after loosing the site to a computer crash. B thanks for the memories. It was a good weekend. Headed down again on Friday, but it just won't be the same without a crab oyster bash.:(