CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Today's the day (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2580)

5th Tuition 05-26-2014 12:07 PM

Today's the day

I changed all my tackle over from Spring Trolling to livelinning, summer trolling, and jigging:D
I'll keep six trolling rods for spreader bars onboard, but the boat will be a lot lighter after the other 14 rods, reels, lures, planner boards, etc. are off:)
There's so much room up in the cabin, I just my open the hatch, pull up in the shade of an overhanging tree in a creek, and take a nap during the hotter times of the day:)
Now, where did I put all those hooks, splitshot, and BKDs from last year:rolleyes:

I set sail on June 3rd for Martha's Vinyard. When I get back (about 6 days) livelinning should be in full swing. Keep me informed while I'm on my trip, the phone (messages) will be on. At six knots, there's not much to do but answer texts and watch the scenery go by:eek:
5th

Chessie27 05-27-2014 06:39 PM

Sad sad day :o

Spot77 05-27-2014 07:06 PM

Drag some 3/4 ounce Ratltraps behind you. :)

Tawn 05-27-2014 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did the same thing Sunday. Sad day!

B-Faithful 05-27-2014 07:52 PM

I am too hoity-toity to troll. I pulled off ALL my trolling gear and have denounced trolling* 2500 series spinning rods fill my cabin** I am light tackle only guy*** ;)

*until the fall
** but my boat stinks of chum and has fish guts dried to the gel coat.
***for the summer but will fish in any way that I can be productive and will quickly put the trolling gear back on if need be:D

I cant wait until live lining is on! :)

bhl 05-28-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 17936)
I changed all my tackle over from Spring Trolling to livelinning, summer trolling, and jigging:D
I'll keep six trolling rods for spreader bars onboard, but the boat will be a lot lighter after the other 14 rods, reels, lures, planner boards, etc. are off:)
There's so much room up in the cabin, I just my open the hatch, pull up in the shade of an overhanging tree in a creek, and take a nap during the hotter times of the day:)
Now, where did I put all those hooks, splitshot, and BKDs from last year:rolleyes:

I set sail on June 3rd for Martha's Vinyard. When I get back (about 6 days) livelinning should be in full swing. Keep me informed while I'm on my trip, the phone (messages) will be on. At six knots, there's not much to do but answer texts and watch the scenery go by:eek:
5th

Marty, Make sure you cut real close behind everyone trolling and don't forget that you have the right of way, even if you are under power:D.
Have a safe trip.

bhl (Bruce)