CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   We Can All Agree.... (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=543)

Blakesdad 03-09-2010 08:04 PM

We Can All Agree....

The dude in San Diego, claiming his Prius wouldn't stop is completely full of **** and is basking in his 5 minutes of fame, and looking for a payoff, right ???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MikeWood 03-09-2010 09:11 PM

I don't know, but...

can someone please explain to me why the people with this issue aren't simply shifting into neutral? Why are the police telling him to jam on the brakes and using the squad car to slow the Prius down...simply shift to neutral and drift to the side of the road, problem solved. The engine might blow, I don't know, but its still better than risking your life and others, driving out of control at high speed.
Am I missing something?

Blakesdad 03-10-2010 08:25 AM

I'd slow down a Prius, ala Fred Flintstone,:D:D:D:D

Skip 03-10-2010 10:07 AM

Guess he could not think fast on his feet to put in neutral and pull the emergency brake.

I tend to believe the story whether it is related to the other Toyota problem or not - wait to hear.

B-Faithful 03-10-2010 10:37 AM

What is worse are the several class action lawsuits that are working on behalf of toyota owners who are claiming that their current problems have negatively hurt their resale values. :rolleyes:

PhilK999 03-10-2010 05:40 PM

He drove over 30 miles and probably had 10 minutes to think about putting it in neutral before the cops finally got him stopped.

I heard part of the 911 call on TV and the person answering his 911 call made that suggestion to him, but I did not catch his whole answer other than he was worried about the car flipping for some reason and something about putting down his cell phone.

Stinkbait 03-10-2010 06:42 PM

Hmmm..San Fran....driving a Prius.......I bet he had "'pucker factor #10", if'n he was capable of it.....lol:rolleyes:

He should have been ticketed for speeding while talking on his cell phone.:confused:

And irronically........What is the fine for "Rear ending" a Cop at 90 mph?:eek:

I'd hate to be rear ended in San Fran. (or anywhere else)

Jim

Stinkbait 03-10-2010 07:40 PM

OK....What would Rex do?

Rex is cruising around in his M911. This dude in his Toy iota needs to be stopped.?!? Run him over, or let him eat your rear tires and shread his Prius to bits (I'm neutral on this). There are other options too.:confused:

What if...(not only Rex)... your cruisin' in yer Hummer in San Fran (probably shouldn't use Hummer and San Fran in the same sentence)...what to do?

Too many questions..not enough answers....

Hakuna Matata 03-10-2010 09:58 PM

He also could have just turned the car off, then shiftd into neutral not sure why these folks aren't doing that.

-JB

Blakesdad 03-11-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakuna Matata (Post 5228)
He also could have just turned the car off, then shiftd into neutral not sure why these folks aren't doing that.

-JB

Well apparently, Prius has a PUSh START, and you have to hold the push button for a whole three seconds to shut it off.. I'm telling you, this guy has a vendetta and is full of crap..

Watch the copy cats come out in droves...