CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   OC No shark report (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=858)

Fish Nut 06-06-2010 05:42 AM

OC No shark report

Quick report since I have been MIA for a few weeks. Did a suicide trip to OC yesterday in hopes for a Mako or Thrasher shark.
I was hoping to get into some big 10 -12 lb blues . We ran to the Marine Electric since the reports were of a bite south OC. NADA trolled & chummed , we didn’t even see a shark or a blue fish the entire day.

Made it back to the house around 11:30pm put everything away and took a showere to rinse the skunk off.
:confused:

Marine Electric the Water temp was 68F
OC inlet wter Temp 63F

Bend-Lure 06-07-2010 01:01 PM

Thanks for the report. I am doing a similar trip late tonight, just a little further south in Chincoteague. I am going to trailer my boat down tonight and fish tomorrow. May fish Wednesday if the weather looks good.

Fish Nut 06-07-2010 06:29 PM

Bend-lure I hope you have better luck than we did. this is my third attempst at catching a Mako. All I have to show for it is Blue Sharks....

Bend-Lure 06-09-2010 10:21 AM

Suicide trip to Chinco Tuesday. We left my house in Silver Spring at midnight, picked up the boat in Baltimore at 1, trailered to Chincoteague arriving around 5am. Gassed up and went to Capt Bobs for bait, and to use the ramp. We trolled all morning for tuna and caught none. Set up for shark at 12:30 and caught a 118 pound 65 inch Mako at the lumpy. Checked in at Capt Bobs. Made it back to Silver Spring at 11pm. 23 hour trip. Can't wait to do it again! I've been through half a pot of coffee already this morning.

crabby and son 06-09-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bend-Lure (Post 7446)
Suicide trip to Chinco Tuesday. We left my house in Silver Spring at midnight, picked up the boat in Baltimore at 1, trailered to Chincoteague arriving around 5am. Gassed up and went to Capt Bobs for bait, and to use the ramp. We trolled all morning for tuna and caught none. Set up for shark at 12:30 and caught a 118 pound 65 inch Mako at the lumpy. Checked in at Capt Bobs. Made it back to Silver Spring at 11pm. 23 hour trip. Can't wait to do it again! I've been through half a pot of coffee already this morning.

After drills like that, April 15th is not so bad:D. Glad you came home heavier that when you left..............Gary

GBauer 06-09-2010 11:53 AM

Thanks for the report!

Bend-Lure 06-09-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabby and son (Post 7447)
After drills like that, April 15th is not so bad:D. Glad you came home heavier that when you left..............Gary

I think I spent about 20 hours yesterday with a steering wheel in my hands. I only work 18 hour days in April :D:D.