CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Deck resoration (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3095)

Gypsy Danger 02-08-2016 10:31 AM

It's looking really good, keep the pictures coming. Your probably saving a pretty penny doing the work yourself, that means you can buy 1st round on Saturday!

Mako mike 02-08-2016 08:46 PM

Gunnels have all dings chips and dents filled from the sound of 20oz + weights thumping on gunnels,especially on the port side from years of sash weights beating on them from deep dropping and sword fishing. All have been sanded and taped just waiting on paint to be applied. Hopefully get at least one coat on before the weekend due to PSG show this weekend doubt much will get done. Show no big hang up but the big head Sunday from meeting at Irves following the show may hinder the progress!

Mako mike 03-03-2016 06:05 AM

Done for winter

1 Attachment(s)
Deck is done on the entire boat. Have all non skid surfaces painted as well as all cockpit smooth surfaces. Just running out of time to complete entire project this winter. Time to start working on rods/reels and tackle for upcoming season so we can put some blood on them new decks!

Chessie27 03-03-2016 06:20 PM

Looking good!!!!

Gypsy Danger 03-03-2016 10:29 PM

You guys did one hell of a job, turned out great!

Mako mike 03-04-2016 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy Danger (Post 21378)
You guys did one hell of a job, turned out great!

Thanks, it was a lot of work and front still yet to be done. Can't imagine what it must be like to build one from the keel up.

5th Tuition 03-04-2016 07:40 AM

I can't wait to see her in the slip at our marina.

p.s. Looks like I may have a slip in Deale for Trophy season:D I'll see you back up north June 1st:)
5th

Mako mike 03-04-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 21380)
I can't wait to see her in the slip at our marina.

p.s. Looks like I may have a slip in Deale for Trophy season:D I'll see you back up north June 1st:)
5th

May have one myself at a electrician I deal with at work house. And if not what do you mean you'll see me back up north? You mean I'm not invited on a trip! I can wave off a Grady like the best of them!

5th Tuition 03-04-2016 11:43 AM

Sure you're invited on a trip. Have to teach you how to set 20 lines this spring:)

I'm just worried that being around all the guys SOUTH of the bridge; you will pick up the "rebel" label.:D
5th

Mako mike 03-04-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 21382)
Sure you're invited on a trip. Have to teach you how to set 20 lines this spring:)

I'm just worried that being around all the guys SOUTH of the bridge; you will pick up the "rebel" label.:D
5th

Come on Marty, having a senior moment? I'm from the Florida keys how much further SOUTH of the "bridge" can one get! As far as being a rebel? It was a sad day when South Carolina took the confederate flag down, what next the American flag because it has stars on it! It's not a symbol of hate, it's heritage! That's rite you mess with a southern boys flag, and you will have problems, no different then any flag flown during a war. How many times have you seen the American flag burning with a bunch of towel heads running the streets celebrating, pisses you off don't it! Enough with my rant, hopefully I didn't offend anyone! Besides if Trump becomes president the stars will be replaced with dollar signs!