CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2015 Year in review (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3089)

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 10:29 AM

2015 Year in review

2 Attachment(s)
Well; It's a wet rainy day and the boat was put in storage yesterday:mad: I already am in withdraw:eek:
So bear with me as I try to post some pic's from 2015.

The year started off with a few nice days in January. I was itching to get outside, so the wife and I rode to the Eastern Shore and walked the trails at Tackahoo State Park.
The beavers were busy getting their dens ready for the upcoming cold weather!

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 10:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I talked some friends into doing a little pond fishing while the weather was still warm enough to get some lures in the water:D
I think Mike (garlein) got pissed because I had the hot hand today:eek:

The fish were small, but at least we were fishing:)

I did get this nice crappie on a live shiner:eek:

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 10:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Cold weather set in here in Md.; but Alex (Overcooked) was basking in the Florida Keys with his new 27 Judge.

I on the other hand was busy checking EBay for some new reels and busy clearing snow:eek:

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 10:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
No one was launching for quite a while. Sandy Point and Shipping Creek were iced in.

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 10:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
There was nothing to do except rig tackle and wait for the thaw. New shads went on the umbrellas and I hang all my chutes on an old wooden clothes rack.

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 10:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thank goodness, the spring thaw finally got here and it was time to splash the boat and do a shake down cruise with six lines.

It's always good to see the motor peeing strong after sitting all winter:D

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 11:00 AM

5 Attachment(s)
The water was cold, but there were a few (damn few) big fish coming up to spawn early.

Doug (Capt. John's mate) Captain John, and I found a few. The bait wasn't hear during preseason (Fishfinder #1) but by opening day, it was getting better (Fishfinder #2):D

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 11:13 AM

5 Attachment(s)
The first week of the trophy season was slower than normal because of the cold water and late arrival of the big fish, but some were found (if you looked hard enough)
My opening day was marked by getting run over by a Grady White, But Bill jumped on getting me a new motor cowling and did the fiberglass work pronto. I think I was out of the water for about four days:D

It's good to know the owner/manufacturer of your boat:) Thanks Bill Judge!!

Lou, Mike, and I had some good days:D

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 11:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I hate to bring back bad memories, but remember how bad the winter jellies were:eek:
I was running all tandems and singles off my boards, but the snot would get caught up right where the leader meets the lure:mad:

Capt. Charlie Schneider suggested running small umbrellas off the board lines to "catch" the snot at the umbrella and keep the lure clean longer:)

I switched over to all umbrellas, and it worked like a charm.

We had a group of Judge owners working in cooperation down off of Deale this spring, and it increased the hookups dramatically. Bruce (Hook 'Em), Jeff (Justified), Lolo (Gypsey Danger), Alex (Overcooked), Mark (Mlag), Jason (Rockin Robin) and I (5th Tuition), even let prior Judge owner Tawn (Lucky Strike); join in on the action:D

5th Tuition 12-22-2015 11:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Trophy season saw us with the slot limit:mad: Many of my fish went back to spawn (75%); so I guess it was a good thing after all:D

But everyone was looking forward to the end of trophy season when we could keep two fish:)

I know a couple of Navy helicopter pilots flying out of Pax. River who wanted to catch some fish, so I got them out before I left Tawn's slip in Deale.
Tawn was gracious enough to let me use his slip for his 27 Judge because he was spending all his time on his new Markley; making money:D

Then; I can't forget my sailboat trip to Martha's Vinyard with my pastor in Early June:eek: