CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Judge 36' Chesapeake...the return of Gypsy Danger (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3097)

Gypsy Danger 01-05-2016 08:55 PM

Judge 36' Chesapeake...the return of Gypsy Danger

1 Attachment(s)
As most of you already know i lost my mind and sold my Judge 27' Chesapeake after only 7 months of ownership and decided to build a 36' Chesapeake with dual outboards...I know crazy!

I had the opportunity to visit the shop today and the boat is coming along nicely. Hull, cap and floor are completed and pretty much just waiting on the fuel tank to come in so they can start putting the 3 together.

During the build process I will continue to provide updates as well as pictures...fingers crossed its ready by May!

I will upload pictures when I'm at a comouter, this damn iPhone always messes the view up!

Gypsy Danger 01-05-2016 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another Hull Pic!

Mako mike 01-06-2016 06:19 AM

She sure does look like she coming along. The wait has got to be painful! Get as many construction pictures you can. Always helps when trying to mount, wire,plumb or repair anything that may arise.

Skip 01-06-2016 10:22 AM

Cool getting to watch your boat being built. As Mike said - great advantage if you ever need to work on her.

Gypsy Danger 01-06-2016 12:56 PM

More pictures

4 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the cap as well as the floor. Yeah the pictures are great it lets you know the details of wire chases and a whole lot of other stuff!

The next 4 months are going to be tough!

Chessie27 01-06-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy Danger (Post 21039)
The next 4 months are going to be tough!

Ha! I think you mean 6 months. :eek:

Gypsy Danger 01-06-2016 07:06 PM

Damn you Jeff...you love to burst my bubble of hope!

Chessie27 01-07-2016 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy Danger (Post 21044)
Damn you Jeff...you love to burst my bubble of hope!

Reality check brotha! Do you REALLY want them racing to get it overboard to then realize they forgot to install the fuel tank?? :eek: :p:p. She might be fast for a second but a 6 gallon tank on the deck won't get you too far!:D

Gypsy Danger 01-14-2016 04:01 PM

Progress being made

2 Attachment(s)
Erik at the shop took a few pictures today and sent them to me and it looks like the boat is coming along nicely. They are still waiting on the fuel tank but most of all the floor boxes are in and all the wire chases have been installed. Erik is going to pull the top deck off tomorrow so they can start fitting in the floor. He is also going to start building the walls for the head and the galley so that way he doesn't lose any time.

Overall it looks like good progress is being made, and the good news is the motors are already in and the engine mounting bracket should be there by the end of the month!

Mako mike 01-14-2016 06:18 PM

Anyone gotta a hankie, I'm drooling!!!! Gotta love a outboard(s)

Gypsy Danger 01-14-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 21093)
Anyone gotta a hankie, I'm drooling!!!! Gotta love a outboard(s)

I love the $$$ by going with and outboard...I do have to say I slept like a baby on top of that diesel box on Justified!

Mako mike 01-15-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy Danger (Post 21094)
I love the $$$ by going with and outboard...I do have to say I slept like a baby on top of that diesel box on Justified!

Yes the initial cost of outboards is staggering. But in the long run they are the way to go. Maintenance is reletivly inexpensive, fuel efficient and you can pretty much get to everything when you need to work on them instead of being crammed into a engine compartment. Not to mention how quiet they are. Although after plying the offshore grounds for so many years there is nothing that sounds sweeter at o' dark thirty than all them diesels being fired up and throttles thrown forward for the run offshore! Yes, real boats do not have spark plugs Jeff! And the fumes, they kinda make me horny!:eek::D

Chessie27 01-15-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 21096)
Yes, real boats do not have spark plugs Jeff! And the fumes, they kinda make me horny!:eek::D

Mental note- do NOT take Mike out on the boat! :eek: :D

Actually, with the new electronic diesels, that are no fumes. Every once in a while I get a slight whiff, but it is RARE. (Sorry Mike)

Gypsy Danger 01-28-2016 11:51 AM

7 Attachment(s)
I got a chance to stop by the Judge shop today and see the progress of Gypsy Danger. The fuel tank arrived yesterday and the guys were working on completing a few things before the floor goes on later today. It's pretty exciting to see the progress! The next time I see the boat will be at the Judge Open House on 2/20/2016 so more pictures will come then!

Mako mike 01-28-2016 03:11 PM

Looks like she is coming along nicely. That looks like some pretty aggressive non skid on the deck. Going to be alright on bare feet. Congrats again and I'm sure the only wood is the one you get when looking at her. Congrats again thanks for the updates, can't wait to see the finished product. Oh what the hell put trip outboards on her, it's only money!

B-Faithful 01-28-2016 03:33 PM

Awesome LoLo

Gypsy Danger 01-28-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 21212)
Looks like she is coming along nicely. That looks like some pretty aggressive non skid on the deck. Going to be alright on bare feet. Congrats again and I'm sure the only wood is the one you get when looking at her. Congrats again thanks for the updates, can't wait to see the finished product. Oh what the hell put trip outboards on her, it's only money!

The blue non skid is actually just a protective film they put down while they are working on the boat. Its like the same material they use when they wrap cars when they deliver them to the dealership.

Also if it's only money can you stroke me a check for $25K so I can get the 3rd outboard added...:eek:

5th Tuition 01-28-2016 03:45 PM

Sweeeeeet:D
I can't wait to see her on the 20th
5th

Gypsy Danger 02-05-2016 11:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Progress is being made...I can't wait to see what it's going to look like on the at the open house.

1 of my 2 Furuno TZTouch2 15 came in...The electronics set up on the boat is going to be sweet!

Mako mike 02-05-2016 01:03 PM

Looking sweet! Keep them checks coming!!

B-Faithful 02-05-2016 04:32 PM

The TZT2 covers look nicer than the TZT covers. Did you order radar yet or are you waiting for the new NXT series, solid state radar with Dopplar processing?

Gypsy Danger 02-05-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 21244)
The TZT2 covers look nicer than the TZT covers. Did you order radar yet or are you waiting for the new NXT series, solid state radar with Dopplar processing?

Yeah I like the new covers they look better than the old white covers on the original TZT.

I'm going to wait for the new NXT radar to come out.

5th Tuition 02-05-2016 06:23 PM

Wow; it's a good thing it's winter and none of us are getting out. You still must be climbing the walls to get her.
L
That's one sweet looking boat.
If you want to swap for a Lowrance HDS Gen 1 eight inch screen multifunction display; I have one available:D
5th

Mako mike 02-06-2016 08:14 AM

Yes and I got a Lowrance radar I'll swap for the other one!

ReelTherapy 02-07-2016 12:48 AM

I can't wait to christen this bad boy! "I'm not asking you, rather I'm telling you... that the holding tank is about to get broken in"

I love those boats bro, can't wait to see it all done! Gonna be a great 2016!

Chessie27 02-07-2016 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReelTherapy (Post 21257)
I can't wait to christen this bad boy! "I'm not asking you, rather I'm telling you... that the holding tank is about to get broken in"

I love those boats bro, can't wait to see it all done! Gonna be a great 2016!

Reel- These boats are custom built AND tested in Denton. The shop guys will have taken several "tests" of the head before Lolo ever gets his hands on it!!:eek: :D

ReelTherapy 02-07-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 21260)
Reel- These boats are custom built AND tested in Denton. The shop guys will have taken several "tests" of the head before Lolo ever gets his hands on it!!:eek: :D

Hahahaha valid point good sir! I hear it adds character to the boat when the builder's DNA is permanently embedded into the holding tank.

Chessie27 02-08-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReelTherapy (Post 21266)
Hahahaha valid point good sir! I hear it adds character to the boat when the builder's DNA is permanently embedded into the holding tank.

Yup, I heard they started that "embedding" in 2014 so I'm glad I got a '13 :D

Gypsy Danger 02-12-2016 03:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The boys are rolling on the 36'...There is still hope that it will get done by May!

fishpmc 02-14-2016 10:32 AM

That sir is one beautiful boat! Wish I had the $$ for one. Best of luck to you!

Gypsy Danger 03-03-2016 01:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My dad and I had a chance to stop by the shop today and see the boat. I'm excited for the galley to be finished, my dad is making the cabinet doors so we are going to have a fun weekend project to work on together!

Fingers crossed that the boat is ready by the end of April!

Chessie27 03-03-2016 06:25 PM

She is getting there Lolo!!

Mako mike 03-03-2016 09:21 PM

She is coming along nicely. I can hardly wait to run her around the front side for some nice sea bass and doormats! What kind of cabinet facings is your dad making? Looking at cabinets a couple nice frosted (etched) glass doors would really set it off. Perhaps a etching of a striped bass in one and a topless mermaid in another! She is going to be your pride and joy, feel sorry for the wife and kids!LOL

5th Tuition 03-03-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 21376)
............... and a topless mermaid in another!!LOL

With Vanessa's face:D
5th

Gypsy Danger 03-10-2016 10:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
It's starting to look like a boat. I had Bill order a bracket/swim platform with a built in ladder, it will be a lot better for the girls to get back on the boat!

Skip 03-11-2016 05:50 PM

Looking nice. FWIW - if you plan to use swim ladder often , a grab handle on stern might be worth adding.

I climb in a lot of boats ( diving ) and can tell you - a handle makes it so much easier.

Mikie 03-12-2016 04:54 PM

Nice option, most people don't realize how hard it is to get into the boat from the water. A friend of mine who crab potted by himself had several of the fold up step/handles bolted on his stern, just in case he had to go over and untangle a crab pot, etc..

Mako mike 03-12-2016 07:22 PM

Sure is looking good Lolo. Before you know it you will be behind the helm, head held high and catching them up. I'm sure it's been a painful wait though!

Gypsy Danger 03-12-2016 07:31 PM

It's been fun to watch the build process...again!!!

The waiting has been torture and the warmer weather makes it worse. She will be done soon enough!

Chessie27 03-13-2016 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy Danger (Post 21420)
It's been fun to watch the build process...again!!!

The waiting has been torture and the warmer weather makes it worse. She will be done soon enough!

Just curious, does this picture from yesterday make it better or worse? :mad: