CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   So......let's talk about Yellow Perch. (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1556)

Spot77 12-19-2011 03:18 PM

So......let's talk about Yellow Perch.

Boats are all getting put away and a lot of us are becoming landlubbers for a few months.

Anyone catching YP yet? :D

Where?

Skip 12-19-2011 05:11 PM

Put away :confused::confused::confused:

As long as ramps are not iced in and roads are passable - I'm fishing.

Some of the best fishing is about to start. All C/R but lots of fun.

B-Faithful 12-19-2011 07:51 PM

Virginia waters call me next week! Hopefully some BIG rockfish are to be found! :)

Fish Nut 12-19-2011 08:44 PM

I have the big boat up for the winter. However I have my small boat geting a tune up so I s, ready to hit Owens for some yellows next week. Let the fun begin:D

Spot77 12-19-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Nut (Post 11972)
I have the big boat up for the winter. However I have my small boat geting a tune up so I s, ready to hit Owens for some yellows next week. Let the fun begin:D

Owens?

Do tell please!!!!

In addition to theYP, it's also Pickerel hunting season. :D

Rivercat09 12-20-2011 12:52 PM

My boat is put away for the winter, but it's more due to the wimp factor. I have a CC, and I'll admit it, I don't want to get cold. As for the yellows, I can stand to learn a lot, and I'm all ears...

Spot77 12-20-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivercat09 (Post 11976)
My boat is put away for the winter, but it's more due to the wimp factor. I have a CC, and I'll admit it, I don't want to get cold. As for the yellows, I can stand to learn a lot, and I'm all ears...

Last year everyone was saying grass shrimp was the bomb for catching the YP in cold weather.

Mike and I tried a couple of the "hot spots" with no luck at all. In fact, we caught more YP in the upper reaches of creeks off of the Bodkin on Beetlespins than anything else.

Beachwood Park off the Magothy is supposed to be good, and we saw tons of people there last year.

Fish Nut 12-21-2011 09:19 PM

Owens is up on the Susquehana ariver across from Harve De Grace / Perryville. There is a boat ramp so not a bad run for a small boat. I just wentover my
check list am ready just add rods and water.

I may hit Stony Creek this weekend since I am close. the local crew caught a few in the creek last year plus I want to chase a few pickeral that I know live there.

Spot77 12-22-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Nut (Post 11979)
Owens is up on the Susquehana ariver across from Harve De Grace / Perryville. There is a boat ramp so not a bad run for a small boat. I just wentover my
check list am ready just add rods and water.

I may hit Stony Creek this weekend since I am close. the local crew caught a few in the creek last year plus I want to chase a few pickeral that I know live there.

Havre De Grace might be a bit of a ride for me....I'm right near the bay bridge.:eek: But I've gone way further in pursuit of fish before.:D

I used to keep my old boat at Florida Marine back around 2002. Used to crush WP and small Rockfish in the creek and up in Nabbs Creek, but never caught anything else there.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Spot77 12-22-2011 09:08 AM

North East

I've heard for years that people catch a lot of YP at North East Park. Here's the town's website and park info is located near the bottom.

I've been to the town before and it's pretty quaint in the downtown area. Reminds me of old Ellicott City. There's a few good restaurants there too.

http://www.northeastmd.org/about.php