CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rain sucks (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=560)

Skip 03-13-2010 06:08 PM

Rain sucks

Drinking heavily and just stating the obvious :rolleyes:

Thursday is looking good - got to get out there soon.

garlien 03-13-2010 06:28 PM

I am with ya on that one...Just starting the heavy drinking now....

Hopefully pick my boat up on Tuesday from some repair/upgrade work, then get it to the marina that night and maybe ready by Thursday as well...

The temps look great next week, let's hope the rain does...

Guess I am going to spend the night sanding off the barbs on my shads so I can pull them behind the boat....

Never thought I would be sanding hooks on shads have to say that...

Sounds like such a dumb idea....6 rods I get...Stingers I don't like, but I get....Sanding the barbs off of sahds....Wow....

Old No.7 03-13-2010 09:33 PM

Wayt ahead of you both.. start ed the heabvrey dirnkin yesterday.. wind and rain, noi fishin.... A litlle.. ok a ALOT of OLD NO.7 And helps pass the time til the big girls arrive! And no Gary, not talkin' bout your date last night! :eek:

garlien 03-13-2010 10:06 PM

Tryin my best to catch up !

Slammin the Shawn Kimbro specials that I am now hooked on....Old #7 and Peach Schnapps...Amazing stuff...Makes me think of spring....

Crushed ice and a nice metal cup makes the experience even better !

Blakesdad 03-14-2010 05:47 AM

Good Friday came early this year !!!! My self imposed no drinking on the weekends till Easter, was thrown right out the window.

At least there was a couple of good hockey games on, and Caps are are national TV today.

Tried to get a little something something from the ole lady in between games, and that was a no go....:eek: I think the quote from her was, " go away!!!":mad:

Shoulda went Tuna feeshing with Jack and Phil.....:rolleyes:

Steve F 03-14-2010 07:08 AM

B, I thought you went with Jack and Phil... This has been a boring weekend but I did get a bunch of rods repaired and even delivered 3 of them yesterday....I hope to deliver 4 more today.

Blakesdad 03-14-2010 07:58 AM

Steve I was supposed to, but since denise is sick, and has been for two weeks, we canceled a week to St John, and I'm just staying around the house to take care of her. I *think* she'll be back at work Monday

Spot77 03-14-2010 10:56 AM

The rain has been good for something.

With little else to do I took inventory of my favorite lures and checked all my rods and reels for problems. Tore a few apart and cleaned and lubed them.

Now I have a $300 shopping list. :(

DirtyFrank 03-14-2010 10:58 AM

I'm just about done with the list of crap she put up on the fridge last month when I got my gear out to clean and re-leader. As far as I'm concerned this rain is a godsend as it's preventing me from wanting to be out there fishing.

crabby and son 03-14-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyFrank (Post 5382)
I'm just about done with the list of crap she put up on the fridge last month when I got my gear out to clean and re-leader. As far as I'm concerned this rain is a godsend as it's preventing me from wanting to be out there fishing.

The only thing on my refrigerator is a Dr. Julie Ball calendar and my Son's pictures!.....It's coming soon!.......Gary