CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   No Love at the Hill, WTF Happened ??? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1907)

Blakesdad 07-22-2012 10:30 AM

No Love at the Hill, WTF Happened ???

JC..... Not less than one week later, the Hill was as empty as my beer bottle !!!

" PLan" was to launch out of SP, following WAF. Maryland Transportation decided that wasn't going to happen and we physically couldnt get to SP.

18 mile back up, Seriously ???

Anyhouts went to CB launched with a pretty decent NE wind blowing.. Thank you weatherman, you dumb ass,

Approached the Hill and it was barren. Quick view in the glasses and we spotted the fleet of 10 inside EB. All liveling and not doing great but not doing bad either. Danced with them for an hour with little results. Hit the Snooze, all very small fish.

Went back to Hill, and it just wasn't happening. Slow ride back to CB, home by 11....

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose....

Chesapeake Rock 07-22-2012 02:04 PM

All the boats you spoke of on the other post made them move to another spot.

garlien 07-22-2012 09:22 PM

Sorry to hear that...Was there a few days ago and the action was pretty good...(Was in the middle of the week, but still 20+boats around)...

Got out for an hour or so with the kids tonight and brought 7 stripers, half dozen hardheads, and a dozen perch in...All within an hour to an hour and a half...They had a blast....

The action in the upper bay is starting to heat up...I know folks like to "head south" for great fishing, and many times it is...I have had a ton of great trips below the Bridge this year...But there are fish (Nice Quality) north of the Bridge...

In the last 2 weeks we have brought stripers, white perch, channel cats, blue gill, croaker, and spot on the boat with not too much effort....All north of the bridge...Still waiting for the blue fish to head up here though....

B-Faithful 07-23-2012 11:55 AM

I heard the bite was good there on Sunday....

Spot77 07-23-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 13778)
I heard the bite was good there on Sunday....

I thought your driveway looked empty this weekend.....

RogerT 07-23-2012 05:03 PM

They moved .

Rivercat09 07-26-2012 12:07 PM

The Hill has been hot or cold, and it was dead a couple weeks when Kate and I were there. of course, it was about 100 degrees, which didn't help matters. I will definitely return there and will keep it in the rotation...

Spot77 07-31-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerT (Post 13782)
They moved .

Agreed, They've moved. NORTH.

Been catching 18 to 26 inch fish constantly well north of the bridge. Still plenty of undersized fish mixed in too, but in 3 or 4 hours 2 of us have no problem getting our limit of keeper sized fish.