CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   It's Official (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2084)

seahuntr 01-05-2013 04:55 PM

It's Official

1 Attachment(s)
It's Official - Anna has been named MSSA's Youth Angler of the Year. She's probably done way more fishing this year than you guys might guess and has been just floating around with happiness since the news.

"MSSA Youth Angler Club Awards the 2012 Youth Angler of the Year

(ANNAPOLIS, MD) - 9 months and 632 entries later, the 2012 Youth Angler of the Year contest has ended. The MSSA Youth Angler Club along with the Youth Angler of the Year contest is the newest addition to the vast MSSA youth initiatives we have been implementing in nearly every chapter. The 14 chapters of the MSSA are committed to teaching our youth the importance of fishing and conservation. In 2012 MSSA and its chapters hosted over 25 youth and family oriented fishing events reaching nearly 1,000 kids."

It took me just a little while to realize that youth angling is really about fishing together. We've had a lot of good times and managed to get lucky with the fish here and there too! Also - it didn't take long to realize that the MSSA and the sponsors (Clydes and Marty's) are real people giving their time and money to make it happen.

Thanks all

5th Tuition 01-05-2013 07:46 PM

Congratulations; I know you are proud of her. It's good to see you have taken the time to fish with her. Time well spent:)
5th (Marty)

Chessie27 01-05-2013 08:27 PM

Congrats young lady!! Keep it up.

seahuntr 01-07-2013 07:36 AM

Thanks! - Look for us at Beachwood and Tuckahoe next month. I'm also interested in trying the Chester a little but don't have much clue. We may do some road trip exploring and try to broaden our horizons some.

shoreboy6 01-07-2013 08:55 AM

Congrats! If more parents took their kids fishing or kept them involved in sports, this world would be a better place. I'll let you know about some Chester action in the coming months....

Skip 01-07-2013 03:25 PM

Congrats to Anna. She sure put a lot of time into the contest.

Great photo on cover of Tidelines.

Spot77 01-07-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seahuntr (Post 14754)
Thanks! - Look for us at Beachwood and Tuckahoe next month. I'm also interested in trying the Chester a little but don't have much clue. We may do some road trip exploring and try to broaden our horizons some.

I've had a ton of fun just hoping in the car with a rod or two and driving around until I spotted a fishable spot. Caught quite a few nice fish doing that over the years. My son is always up for a road trip. Just give him a big bag of cheesy poofs and a soft drinks and he's good to go.

Worthlessnut 01-07-2013 10:48 PM

CONGRATS!!! I know I enjoying taking my little lady out fishing, she brings a ton of fun to trip regardless of the amount of fish caught.

Bend-Lure 01-09-2013 10:36 AM

Awesome - Congrats!

B-Faithful 01-09-2013 10:59 AM

Fantastic. One of the things I love most about fishing is how it is an activity that can be shared with our kids.