CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Snow is falling in Utah (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2063)

bhl 12-14-2012 07:40 AM

Snow is falling in Utah

It looks like the resorts in Utah are getting some good powder for the Holiday Season:D. Anyone on the board do any skiing or snow boarding out west?

Bruce

Spot77 12-14-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 14595)
It looks like the resorts in Utah are getting some good powder for the Holiday Season:D. Anyone on the board do any skiing or snow boarding out west?

Bruce

The closest I get to snow is taking the kides tubing once a year.

If I didn't have such a nasty hatred of cold weather, I would probably like skiing or snowboarding.

I did go snowboarding about 16 or 17 years ago down on Massanutten Mountain in VA. It was fun and I was pretty good at it right away.

My wife likes to ski, and that works just fine for me. She takes a skiing trips with her friends, and I take fishing trips with mine. :D

Jig Monster 12-14-2012 02:02 PM

First of all I would like to say hey to everyone on here . Looks like a great site . I'll be fishing VB after Christmas. Hope to have some good reports to post.

It's been years since I've been out west. Every time I get serious and plan a trip with some other people, something always comes up and we bag it. Last time was Park City and Deer Valley.

Depending on conditions, I try to hit all the local slopes . There's always plenty of snow in Western Md. and in WV. Most of my skiing is at the Wisp and Timberline . I try to get 10 to 15 days in. Some years over 20 . I usually get in one or two days in before Christmas. Looks like Snow Shoe is the only place right now.

Happy Skiing,

5th Tuition 12-14-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 14595)
It looks like the resorts in Utah are getting some good powder for the Holiday Season:D.
Bruce

Will this in any way help the YOY Index during the next spawn:D

Good to hear from you Bruce; where are you hiding your boat now? Did you get in any fall fishing?
5th (Marty)

5th Tuition 12-14-2012 07:53 PM

Jig Monster; welcome to the board.
5th (Marty)

bhl 12-14-2012 10:45 PM

Marty,
Boat is on the high dry at Judge factory for the winter getting a few things done.
I did get some fall fishing in. We did OK, mostly trolling. Some weekends were better than others. The only weekend that I wish I could do over was when I took 5 of my neighbors out and worked my butt off for 3 fish in the same area that I had fish the week before and the week after. I now have to do the walk of shame when I see the neighbors. I have been fishing out of Herrington Harbour south in the spring, then out of Middle River in the summer then back to Herrington in the fall. My wife and I try to take a few weeks to cruise in the summer and the 36 works well for that. It's a great boat.
I don't know why, but I just never got into the live lining. Maybe this year I will.
We did well jigging in the upper bay this summer for perch and some rock and even some drum.
As far as the Utah snow goes, I'm praying that they have a better year than last year because my son opened a ski / snow board shop out there last year. Sooooo as much as I don't want snow here, I would love to hear that Utah had a blizzard.

Bruce

Jalopy 12-15-2012 02:11 PM

Skiing

The family and I did the Rocky's for 6-7 yrs in a row, it was our winter vacation. I have had my son skiing since he was 2 1/2, my daugher was 4 1/2. THey are now 15 1/2 and 17 1/2. The last 2-3 yrs we haven't had any big vacations because of our seperation and now divorce. I have still taken the kids skiing locally, the last few years. I own timeshare at massanutten and usually offer a free place for 2-3 other families to join us if they provide the food for a long weekend.
We have been to Breckenridge, Steamboat, Vale, Aspen, Copper, Arapahoe, and can't remember what others. It is a great family vacation, but can't imagine having to pay for all the checked bags now.
I look forward to the kids having kids and doing big vacations skiing in the winther and the beach in the summer.
Hmmm, one day I might be rich and famous.
John

bhl 12-17-2012 08:50 AM

John,
My son taught me to ski when I was 39 he was 10. We had some great times when we visited my Sister in law in Main. We skied for 8 or 9 years before he moved out to Utah.
Looks like they just got 2 feet with another foot or so comming. Good stuff for the people headed out for the Holidays.
Bruce