CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pissed Off (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2341)

Blakesdad 09-18-2013 03:30 PM

If you just want to fill up your new machine with way points I can help !!! No ****ing fish at them, but it does look awful pretty :)

5th Tuition 09-18-2013 07:27 PM

Brian, last time I followed one of your waypoints with a GPS, it lead me to Baltimore Street and into Chey Joey (a strip joint with the skankiest broads imaginable). :D
5th

garlien 09-20-2013 11:51 AM

Hey....Joey runs a good business....

drichitt 09-20-2013 03:38 PM

Marty might have some good news today:D

5th Tuition 09-20-2013 04:40 PM

NPR get their man!

It was a week ago that I realized my HDS unit had been stolen:mad: I contacted DNR's Natural Resources Police and they took all the info. Six boats had been hit at my marina.
On Saturday, I was contacted by several people on both CBA and Tidalfish to alert me that a unit exactly like mine was on Craigslist. I knew another unit that was stolen and it was listed also.
One person (who I don't even know) went so far as to send a message to the thief and say he was interested in my unit. He was informed that my unit was sold:(. He sent me a PM with this info.
Another person (unknown to me as well) sent me PM on Tidalfish saying he had been a "lurker" for a long time, but joined just so he could send me information about my unit being listed on Craigslist:)
Taking this info, I contacted NRP and without going into too much detail (we have a court date of Dec. 20) DNR got my unit back from the guy he sold it too.
It is now in my possession:D. I am missing the two knobs that attach the unit to the bracket, but Jim (BOE Marine) says he has two and I can pick them up Monday.
I had to order a new chip, but this is the only out of pocket cost for me. All in all, pretty lucky. Even my waypoints are saved. I can use the "insight" mapping until my new chip arrives.
I can't thank all those who have assisted me in this endeavor. As pissed as I was about getting the unit stolen, I was impressed with the friends who offered assistance.
I should have gotten Skips waypoints before I posted this:rolleyes:
A special thanks to DNR and all my friends.
5th (Marty)

5th Tuition 09-20-2013 04:47 PM

Special thanks to Davem251 for alerting me on CBA about my unit on CL.

Special thanks to Tomytek for offering me the use of a second unit he has while all this played out.

You guys (all CBA'ers) are the best.

5th

Tawn 09-20-2013 07:03 PM

Good deal Marty. Glad you got your unit back so quick and I hope the prick that stole them gets what he deserves!

You fishing this weekend? We have one tomorrow and I think it's gonna be a wet one!

I'm tired of live lining already, it's getting boring! I'm ready to get the boards back out! :cool:

5th Tuition 09-20-2013 07:36 PM

Nothing this weekend, I'm headed to a rodeo tomorrow:eek:
5th (Marty)

mlag 09-20-2013 08:31 PM

Very good news Marty!

drichitt 09-20-2013 09:50 PM

You needed some good news. Very good to hear my friend.