CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A little competition ! (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3042)

Mako mike 11-05-2015 05:21 PM

A little competition !

What do you guys think, how about a little CB Angler tournament this fall? I was thinking about $50.00 a boat 1/2 money goes to boat with longest fish other half goes torward local adult beverage smoothly stand afterwards for measure in. This is the perfect opportunity for someone here to claim bragging rights! Date flexible depending on everyone's schedule. Come on guys who has the guts!

Skip 11-05-2015 09:12 PM

Gambling and drinking :D

My trouble is I often work weekends.

Chessie27 11-05-2015 09:26 PM

I am in!! Depending on the date of course.

And maybe LAST place gets all new electronics free from BOE???? ��

cletus9000 11-06-2015 09:10 AM

I'd be in for that, dates dependent of course.

Mako mike 11-06-2015 11:30 AM

Starting to get a little interest going here. I know a lotta people travel for thanksgiving but with it being a long weekend for most it would be a good weekend for this. Let me know what you all think and any suggestions for a meeting place afterwards would be great. I keep one on my boats at a marina on the patapsco at the mouth just north of 7' knoll that I'm sure will allow me to use facilities. We could have a 2:00 cut off and that would allow enough time for a little cookout and adult drink session. Plenty of slips will be open I'm sure. Or if anyone knows of a bar/ restaurant we could do it at would work also. I could probably get coconut Charlie's in Pasadena a well. I know some folks would be coming from eastern shore and if you can arrange for someone to pick you up and bring you back Sunday I can arrange slips at Altantic Marina resort to keep boat at overnite. Very secure quiet place and would be no problem if you stated the nite on your boat while there. I can arrange transportation from there to festivities. Keep em coming!

cletus9000 11-06-2015 02:26 PM

That weekend works for me; not traveling and fishing ought to be good if the weather holds. I'll be out of SPSP, so anywhere within a reasonable ride of that is good with me.

garlien 11-06-2015 06:33 PM

I am in, might need to catch a ride, but I would be in...

Mako mike 11-06-2015 08:44 PM

Come on guys need more than three to make it work. If date is no good let us know and throw another date out there. It's quickly approaching so we need to act fast

mark1234 11-06-2015 11:48 PM

Count me in.

Chessie27 11-07-2015 07:09 AM

Besides Thursday, I'm pretty sure we are good any day. Saturday should be opening day of deer season for shotgun so that might "thin the hurd" (pun very intended) on the water some. Black Friday might be a day guys could get out too while their wives are spending all their money "saving on deals" :eek: :D

5th Tuition 11-07-2015 09:41 AM

I would consider it, if available.
5th

Mako mike 11-07-2015 05:22 PM

Seems like most are interested in Saturday. If we're gonna do it need to nail down date asapas it is quickly approaching. I'm good anytime so I'll sit back and let you all choose. By the way today was absolutely the worst day on the bay in recent memory!!!!! No more said!

davem251 11-07-2015 05:28 PM

I like this, could fish Saturday no problem!

No Ragrets 11-08-2015 10:11 AM

I'm pretty sure I am available, and my wife will probably fish instead of shop. If it's to cold she will just go with Jeff.👍🏻

Chessie27 11-08-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 20552)
Seems like most are interested in Saturday. If we're gonna do it need to nail down date asapas it is quickly approaching. I'm good anytime so I'll sit back and let you all choose. By the way today was absolutely the worst day on the bay in recent memory!!!!! No more said!

I'm in for Saturday. Maybe we could bump up the weigh in to 12:00 tho?? That leaves enough daylight to get back to the ES after I win the tourney and hang out for a few hours bragging about it! :eek:

Is there a grill available to cook some burgers or something?

No Ragrets 11-08-2015 02:22 PM

I have a boat grill that will cook 6-8 burgers at a time.

Chessie27 11-11-2015 07:13 AM

?????

Soooooo??? Thanksgiving Saturday is a go?? Entries based on honor system and pay $50 a boat at "length in"? Winner takes all? What time is weigh in? BYOB and food? 8 or 10 boats in? VHF channel 72? Any fishing boundaries?? Marina cool with us coming in for a few hours to hang out?

Talk to me Goose (or Mako in this case):D

Mako mike 11-11-2015 07:45 AM

I'll talk with marina today. Saturday works for me. I have grill at marina big enough to cook just about anything. If anyone needs slip for the nite will need to know asap. I can post coordinates of marina. Should be a good time. Need to confirm who is in. We can make cut off as early as you like. 1:00 should give us plenty of time. It works for me to make it byob and we can have a food sign up here. That way winner take all! Alright by me if you have to travel, bring fish directly to marina by car, no stopping by seafood market! Let me know!

5th Tuition 11-11-2015 08:51 AM

Mike; that works for me. $50 boat entry fee. Even if I consider it too rough to fish, I'll kick in my $50 just to go to the marina and bullchit with other CBA's:D

I know the marina has grills available. Instead of a food signup, why not just let each boat bring what they want for themselves. For instance, I'll just probably throw a package of hot dogs/rolls, potato salad, chips, and beer into a cooler for my crew.
Because you and I are so close to the marina, we can throw a bag of charcoal into the back of our pickups for people to grill. I have plenty of old flares to start the coals:eek:

So count me in:D
5th

p.s.
If there are any guys that want to participate, but their boats are too far south (or they already pulled them), just post on here that you want a ride on a northern boat. We can see that they get a northern "host" for the tournament.
5th

No Ragrets 11-11-2015 09:07 AM

I am in. If the weather is too rough, I will send my money with Jeff.

cletus9000 11-11-2015 09:33 AM

My boat is in as well. Looking forward to it.

Mako mike 11-11-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 20593)
Mike; that works for me. $50 boat entry fee. Even if I consider it too rough to fish, I'll kick in my $50 just to go to the marina and bullchit with other CBA's:D

I know the marina has grills available. Instead of a food signup, why not just let each boat bring what they want for themselves. For instance, I'll just probably throw a package of hot dogs/rolls, potato salad, chips, and beer into a cooler for my crew.
Because you and I are so close to the marina, we can throw a bag of charcoal into the back of our pickups for people to grill. I have plenty of old flares to start the coals:eek:

So count me in:D
5th

p.s.
If there are any guys that want to participate, but their boats are too far south (or they already pulled them), just post on here that you want a ride on a northern boat. We can see that they get a northern "host" for the tournament.
5th

Works for me if everyone wants to bring what they're going to eat.
I have plenty of charcoal at the marina so that is covered. I will post later today after talking to marina. Being the mayor over there I do not see any problems. Besides I don't think there will be too many idiots having a cookout on thanksgiving weekend besides us!

garlien 11-11-2015 10:38 AM

I am all for giving my entry fee to the other folks on this board.

Mako mike 11-11-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 20597)
I am all for giving my entry fee to the other folks on this board.

I am sure I'll have room for you Mike if you need a ride. I know you said you wanted to haul out for some work

Mako mike 11-11-2015 11:14 AM

Just got the ok from Atlantic Marina Resort, bring it on!
Will post cooridinants later.
Check out there website, it's a nice friendly place!
Now we gust got to get BOE and Judge Yachts involved

5th Tuition 11-11-2015 12:45 PM

We can run a little "Judge" tournament within the tournament. Largest rock caught on a Judge, wins the bragging rights for the year:D
5th

davem251 11-11-2015 07:24 PM

How about making this into a skill thing? I am thinking 10 points per fish (keeper and at the dock) plus a point per pound (or inch) of fish.

For the record, this hurts me when I think about the competition.

Rockin' Robin 11-11-2015 08:24 PM

I am in, although I am guessing that I will be fishing well south of the bridge so I doubt I will make the run up to the marina by boat.

5th Tuition 11-11-2015 10:14 PM

I'm not in favor of bringing in every fish caught. I don't normally get into many tournaments for this very reason. I have no problem bringing in a couple of fish trying to "win" the tournament, but if I have a 32 inch in the box, I have the option to throw back any 23 inch fish I catch:D

If we have enough boats enter, I have no problem with dividing the entry money to pay out three places; but we would need to have 10+ boats to make that worth while:eek:

This is the first year for a CBA tournament; lets keep it simple this year.
Just my opinion.
5th

Chessie27 11-12-2015 06:29 AM

Agree with simple, I is to dum four all dat addin stuf :eek::D.

Maybe a 50%, 30%, 20% split ?? An example for you "mathletes" - 10 boats at $50 each would be $250,150,100 PLUS, bragging rights and comrodere at the measure in. If we are splitting prize $, in an effort to spread the wealth and cut down on the number of fish killed in hopes of a 1st -3rd place sweep, maybe only 1 fish per boat is allowed at measure in?? Just a thought....

cletus9000 11-12-2015 07:27 AM

I agree simple, heaviest fish. I like the split idea if we can get enough boats.

garlien 11-12-2015 08:19 AM

I have to agree I like the split idea. We are doing this for fun, not money so if we get 10 boats I say let's split it 3 ways.

Makes it a lot more fun to talk about the day with 3 people winning while we enjoy beverages when it's all over.

Rockin' Robin 11-12-2015 08:31 AM

I like the 3-way split idea as well.
However, rather than do it by weight, why not do it by length and allow submissions by photograph? That way people don't have to kill fish if they don't want to, and we can set an end time to submit photographs and people can come to the party by boat or car and no need to bring fish.

Mako mike 11-12-2015 10:00 AM

All great ideas but we need to nail it down. All for three way split. If worried about fish being killed, how about making a minimum size limit of let's say 24". You may keep smaller fish if you like, but must be minimum of 24" to measure and only one fish per boat can be measured. I can use all the help I can get with this. Perhaps get a small committee together to meet this Saturday since it's suppose to blow and nail rules and times down.

Rockin' Robin 11-12-2015 10:06 AM

One more idea for you guys... might be good to have a backup date of sunday in case there is a small craft advisory for saturday and good weather expected sunday.

garlien 11-12-2015 12:57 PM

All great ideas, especially the backup date.

I am for length in photograph as well.

Mako mike 11-12-2015 04:18 PM

No takers on a committee?

No Ragrets 11-12-2015 04:25 PM

Why not post a pole with the options and give everyone thru Sunday to vote?

Mako mike 11-12-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Ragrets (Post 20626)
Why not post a pole with the options and give everyone thru Sunday to vote?

I can certainly do that. Just a PITA trying to tally everything up. If I don't hear from anyone by tomorrow afternoon on getting a small committee together I will post a poll. I hope to hear from just two people..... Hint,hint...... Marty, Garlein we live close enough to each other we could nail this down in s short time if we could get together!

Chessie27 11-12-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 20627)
I can certainly do that. Just a PITA trying to tally everything up. If I don't hear from anyone by tomorrow afternoon on getting a small committee together I will post a poll. I hope to hear from just two people..... Hint,hint...... Marty, Garlein we live close enough to each other we could nail this down in s short time if we could get together!

So it's settled, Mike, Mike, and Marty are the official committee members!! Thanks for jumping at the opportunity to serve your fellow fishermen. :p

I look forward to hearing the committee rules. It's all in good fun so no pressure. If people don't like the rules, stay home.....see, simple! :D