CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The last 2 trips (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3471)

Chessie27 12-05-2017 06:28 AM

The last 2 trips

After leaving the CBA weigh in, I received a call on the way home that the bite was on in the mouth of the Chester. I made the decision to detour south with the full expectation to get there just in time to see the bite turn off. Thanks to the 480HP of Cummins Power, we were able to shoot across the bay at 34mph and get there with 40 minutes of bite left. We boxed 6 Fish on light Tackle ranging from 21-30”. Excellent way to end the day/season. A BIG shout-out to No Regrats for catching all but 2 of the Fish!!

Sunday I went down to the boat to clean it and removed all the fishing gear. Left a few LT rods onboard just “in case”. Last boat trip of the year was to St Mikes for Midniht Madness on Dec 2. Stopped In the mouth of the Chester on the way down to see if we could repeat our good fortune but after a rigorous 15 minutes of nothing, we left. By the time I got to Piney Narrows to drop 90 gallons of diesel in her, I got a call from a buddy that was real close to where we just were. He caught his limit in the first 4 casts!!!! I thought about U turning but that would have gotten us into St Mikes after dark so I opted out. (Like to exercise a little extra caution when the water temps drop).

Had a lovely evening and breakfast then headed out. Decided to go out thru EB since it was the last ride and all and maybe we could hook that 50” that kept eluding Jason :D. There were maybe 15 boats out around the mouth of EB Including Bill Judge and Lolo. Neither one were setting the world on fire; a 31” was in Bil box and Lolo’s was empty. Opted to keep on moving up to Kentmorr. Turns out the bite was on there - we had beer and oysters for an early lunch and back on the water by 12:30 headed north. Flat calm seas, a Great way to wand the year!

Took everything off and asked to have it winterized and pulled for the season. Headed to Key West on Friday and have a short Fishing trip planned for there if the weather gods cooperate.

All and all a slow start to trophy season, great summer, decent fall and LOTS of good times aboard the JUSTIFIED for 2017. It sad it has to come to an end.

Mako mike 12-05-2017 08:26 AM

Have a good time in Key West, you’ll fit right in!

Chessie27 12-05-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 22914)
Have a good time in Key West, you’ll fit right in!

HEY!!!!! I assume you mean because I Party Hard, NOT 🌈??? :eek:

5th Tuition 12-05-2017 09:21 PM

Jeff,
Saying you "Party Hard" doesn't help either:eek::eek:
5th

Chessie27 12-06-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 22920)
Jeff,
Saying you "Party Hard" doesn't help either:eek::eek:
5th

Hahahaha, very true!!! Forgot who I was dealing with on this board. Rookie move on my end :eek: