CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Tri State Marine's Fishermens' Flea Market Feb 4th (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1462)

Spot77 10-29-2011 09:02 AM

Tri State Marine's Fishermens' Flea Market Feb 4th

http://www.tristatemarine.com/fleamarket12.htm

Sat Feb 4th
7:30am to 2pm
FREE admission (fits my budget well!!!)

Hit the link for more information.

Steve F 10-29-2011 09:16 AM

I'll be there, will be sending my money in just as soon as I get back from OC in 2 weeks.

Spot77 02-04-2012 03:37 PM

What a great event!

I'd give this a 8 out of 10 for being awesome.

By comparison I'd give the Kent Island show a 4.

There were a lot of cool vendors at Tri State, it was FREE, and the people selling stuff weren't all dealers. I got a GREAT deal on a huge box of my favorite lures. Easily $60 worth of stuff for $20. I LOVE events where people are actually willing to make deals....the whole purpose of a "flea market" is to unload your unwanted stuff, make a few bucks and maybe pick up a few wanted things for a kick ass price.

I wish I could have spent more money, as there were a lot of deals I had to pass on and it was killing me.

I want to thank the people at Tri State for putting this on. It's a great event and I hope it's worth their time and effort.

And I want to thank the fella that made me such a freat deal on the Miller Lite box full of lures. Glad I could help you out....I know you didn't want to take it home.

Saw Fish Nut there but I didn't get to say hi. I missed everyone else.:(

Going there was a last minute decision for me. My son had a basketball game down that way so I decided to leave a few minutes early and stop by. SO glad I did.

Fish Nut 02-05-2012 07:19 AM

Spot, tri state was a blast. Each show has its own personality, and tri state is a awesome event with some great deals. When the doors open everyone pours in looking for the nuggets of gold on the tables.

The table next to mine had some lightly used smith clamp on rod holders, they sell for 80 -125 new. He sold them for 10.00 dollars each.

Of course, I had to purchase some bargains also. My wallet is hurting.

Bought some of Captain Johns lures for trolling in the summer, and had my eye on one of those supper fancy jig-in rods. I also had to pick up some of the lil bunker jigs from specialized, I always catch fish on those things.

Once again Marty & Lou showed up, Created a ruckus and were asked to leave.............:eek:

Spot77 02-05-2012 08:46 AM

You're right about the personality thing. I think Tri State's gig is one of the friendliest out of the 3 that I usually go to.

Pasadena is the biggest and I always drop the most money there...although if I HAD money I could've let it all go yesterday at Tri State.

And I look forward to the oysters at PSG every year. :D

Kent Island can be summed up mostly by saying "bucktails, tandems and parachutes, oh my!" :cool:

Marty, sorry I missed you. You old guys get up and do stuff WAY too early for us young'uns.:p

5th Tuition 02-06-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Nut (Post 12602)
Once again Marty & Lou showed up, Created a ruckus and were asked to leave.............:eek:

HEY; we were only asked to leave your table:). But I still think if your are going to have your sister help you sell lures; you might as well put her in a thong bikini:D. Makes good business sense to me:rolleyes:.
5th (Marty)

Blakesdad 02-06-2012 04:15 PM

Im so pissed I missed Tri State. God damn it.. First time in many many years.

Without Upper Marlboro anymore, Tristates the premeir Bull**** Session.

Getting old sucks..:eek: