CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Calling all Retired guys. (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3531)

Fish Nut 04-17-2018 06:48 PM

Calling all Retired guys.

Ok spill the beans. I know this weather hasn't kept you guys in. Your retired your hard core. :D

5th Tuition 04-18-2018 05:45 AM

Out Today
Noon-6pm

If I do anything, I'll post.
If skunked, I'll pretend I didn't go out:D

I've been out with a couple of other boats (bigger boats due to wind), but not doing anything spectacular. Now if you count knockdowns:)
5th

B-Faithful 04-18-2018 07:05 PM

I am not retired but I am pretending like I didnt go out.

5th Tuition 04-18-2018 08:43 PM

I didn't go either:eek::eek:

5 hours of trolling with no fish, bait, or diving gannets seen:mad:

Saturday was totally opposite, from today.

Water did warm up to 51 degrees, but that was the only positive:(

Oh; I did get the boat backed into the slip the first try with Mako Mike onboard:)

Seriously thinking of bagging opening day for early next week:rolleyes:
5th

Fish Nut 04-19-2018 03:50 AM

I haven't heard much the weather has many people behinde on the to do list. Those that have been ready have been pinned in by the wind. The Solomons gang has snagged a few and a few have been caught up North. I guess when Marty moved South the fish took the opertiunity to move into his summer loacation.:D

Mako mike 04-19-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 23268)
I didn't go either:eek::eek:

5 hours of trolling with no fish, bait, or diving gannets seen:mad:

Saturday was totally opposite, from today.

Water did warm up to 51 degrees, but that was the only positive:(

Oh; I did get the boat backed into the slip the first try with Mako Mike onboard:)

Seriously thinking of bagging opening day for early next week:rolleyes:
5th

I am so proud of Marty’s backing skills! Not one splinter was shed!!

B-Faithful 04-19-2018 11:16 AM

I have caught every trip until yesterday. Water temps have been exceptionally cold! We were at 48 degrees SST in the morning. Lack of menhaden in the bay is apparent. I have two trips scheduled for Saturday and may look to try to move them south. Waves of fish can come in daily but between the pressure and lack of bait, finding decent action is going to be tough up north unless we are fortunate enough to find a wave of fish.

I did get a report of gannets south of Solomons but they didnt see if fish were on them as it was a shakedown cruise.

Who knows.

Fish Nut 04-19-2018 05:40 PM

We have a good group. We'll find them ! I have a game plan. I'll give you guys a call to let you know if I am a hero, or zero. Regardless of what my wief says...

Worse thing that can happen is Marty gets some more experience backing the boat in the slip.

davem251 04-20-2018 10:57 AM

These reports seem a little dismal.

Either way, I'll be down off Annapolis in the ships, probably going to do an afternoon trip as I like to give the competition time to get 10-15 natural lights in them.

It just makes the helmsmanship more interesting. Everyone be safe out there!

Wish me luck!

B-Faithful 04-20-2018 08:14 PM

We are going despite the horrible fishing this week. With the STRONG west winds the last few days, I am going to focus my start on the east side of the bay seeing if the wind pushed and bait that is here to east side. If that does not pan out, I will start searching the west side and making phone calls :D