CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My Mother Once Said, Theres No Such Thing as a Dumb Question... (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1353)

Blakesdad 06-28-2011 10:26 PM

My Mother Once Said, Theres No Such Thing as a Dumb Question...

So please forgive me... There's been a serious amount of dead deer in the last three weeks, all laying on the side of the road. 90% are Does, 10% bucks.

A lot, and I mean a lot are all missing their tails.

Which, I can understand in a bizarre way, people cutting off their tails and making " BUCK Tails"

So stupid question, is there a difference in " buck" and "doe" tail ??

And naturally the follow up question is, why don;t we call them " Doe Tails " ???

oldfart 06-29-2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 11022)
So please forgive me... There's been a serious amount of dead deer in the last three weeks, all laying on the side of the road. 90% are Does, 10% bucks.

A lot, and I mean a lot are all missing their tails.

Which, I can understand in a bizarre way, people cutting off their tails and making " BUCK Tails"

So stupid question, is there a difference in " buck" and "doe" tail ??

And naturally the follow up question is, why don;t we call them " Doe Tails " ???

No, probably because sometime ago you couldn't shoot does or at least nobody did

hippie 06-29-2011 09:16 AM

They are all the same.

5th Tuition 06-29-2011 04:49 PM

Your Mother was wrong:D.

Sorry, I'm having a he!! of a time finding rock north of the bay bridge and have been a bit surley lately.
5th (Marty)

oldfart 06-29-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 11025)

Sorry, I'm having a he!! of a time finding rock north of the bay bridge and have been a bit surley lately.
5th (Marty)

So go South, don't need a passport

5th Tuition 06-29-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfart (Post 11026)
So go South, don't need a passport

I'm doing real well when I do go south with either the charter baot (Patent Pending) or on a friends boat (trailered out of Ches Beach or Breezy); however, my boat is in a wet slip on Bodkin Creek (above the Magothy) until the end of Oct. when the big fish usually return. Then I will trailer south again in search of the ocean run rock.
This time of year, I am normally livelinning Love Point or Podickery. Occassionally, I might troll the triple buoys or Rock Hall during this time as well.
Things have just been sooooo slooooow above the bridge this whole season. At least for me:rolleyes:.
I can't tell you how many times my passport has been stamped below Ches. Beach this year, but it has been a lot:).
It would just be nice to go down to the boat about 5 pm and hit some of my normally productive areas until dark, but that has been a problem so far this year. I'll stay at it and put my time in on the water, I have a few guys that share info with me; it will pick up soon (I hope).
5th (Marty)

Mark 06-29-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 11025)

5th (Marty)

you're looking in the wrong place!!!! not the usual haunts!!!

reds 06-30-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 11027)
I'm doing real well when I do go south with either the charter baot (Patent Pending) or on a friends boat (trailered out of Ches Beach or Breezy); however, my boat is in a wet slip on Bodkin Creek (above the Magothy) until the end of Oct. when the big fish usually return. Then I will trailer south again in search of the ocean run rock.
This time of year, I am normally livelinning Love Point or Podickery. Occassionally, I might troll the triple buoys or Rock Hall during this time as well.
Things have just been sooooo slooooow above the bridge this whole season. At least for me:rolleyes:.
I can't tell you how many times my passport has been stamped below Ches. Beach this year, but it has been a lot:).
It would just be nice to go down to the boat about 5 pm and hit some of my normally productive areas until dark, but that has been a problem so far this year. I'll stay at it and put my time in on the water, I have a few guys that share info with me; it will pick up soon (I hope).
5th (Marty)

Hickory Thicket. Just inside the Chester, A tad down from Rock Hall. 25-30' of water. Chum LY"S.

5th Tuition 06-30-2011 01:32 PM

Thanks Reds; Ordinarily I work my way north during the season. I put my boat in a wet slip on Bodkin Creek in May and fish the bridge, Love Point, and Podickery. During July and August, I move north to Belvedear Schoals and the triple buoys, Sept finds me over at Rock Hall around red #10.

I guess I need to do a little more searching this year:D. I think I'll reverse my pattern.
5th (Marty)

B-Faithful 06-30-2011 02:50 PM

Marty... I saw that you got some fish last thursday in the Northern bay :)