CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Between BB & Bloody Point - Nov 19 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=150)

drichitt 11-19-2009 09:34 PM

Between BB & Bloody Point - Nov 19

Glad we didn't listen to the weatherman. Crew today was myself and Jalopy (John). We were the only trailer in parking lot at SP when we left the ramp at 6:30am. We were expecting lots of rain, so we were in our rain gear ready for whatever would rain down on us. Didn’t get a drop. I wanted to catch the last of the incoming and being their at sunrise allowed us to have the fish to ourselves for the first hour, or so. This early start paid off real well. Bigger fish were deep today and then we had to tiptoe through the various floats to get our unders in 45-55'. Found some floats in 77' of water:eek:; they were clearly marked with flags, but whoa, really have to be careful when running boards right now. Got our limit and then did a little C&R (while it is still allowed).

Recap: 5 Overs (35-39") and 4 unders (22"-27") and 3 knock downs. Hot Lure was a 3oz White Mylar parachute run in tandem over a 6oz (on the boards) back at 150’, 120’ and 50’. 7 of 12 hits were on the boards (all 9” baits) and 5 were on boat rods, all with umbrellas. All of the 22” fish hit the stormbrellas with 6” baits. I run a large umbrella with no weight back 200’ and twin 2oz chutes; this rod has caught a fish every time and today the willing fish was 35”. Water temps 54*. Grass is still a problem, so checking our lines was still needed (Thanks to John). Don’t mind sharing location specifics – Send me a PM….Don

Slayer 11-19-2009 09:43 PM

Nice when the weatherman gets it wrong and it's in a good way! Nice getting them.

Gitzit 2 11-19-2009 10:02 PM

WTG, Don!

thanks for the great report
we're going to feel our way around below the BB out of Sandy Pt this weekend
hope we get a few like that!

5th Tuition 11-19-2009 10:20 PM

Great; they are showing up in numbers and I'm coming down with a bad cold. I hope I'm over it by next week. Nice job Don. See you on the water; 5th (Marty)

reeltor 11-20-2009 12:11 AM

Nice report...glad to see the fish are showing up in numbers again so close to SPSP

goinsfishin 11-20-2009 07:01 AM

Good going on the feesh.......was nice out there yesterday, the WXman blew it in our favor.......heard you on the radio but was well south of you, glad you got em.

mburrows 11-20-2009 08:49 AM

Nice report Don. Glad you found them.

Mike

Hockleyneck 11-20-2009 09:09 AM

Nice work Don. If I weren't so busy making money I would be out there as well.

swartj 11-20-2009 01:58 PM

Nice report Don. John is a good HO. He knows how to work the back of a boat.

Jalopy 11-20-2009 03:15 PM

Don,

Thanks again, I am trying to cover my bases, Thanks on TF, by PM and now on here.
I didn't realize how much work I did til I had to wake up this morning to go to work, I was sore.
Looking forward to next time.
I know you keep impeccable records, but I think I remember one of the shorts on a 9" bait. I could be having a senior moment, like when I started dropping a line in with a clip on it b-4 clipping it to the plane line, OOPS.
Had a great time,
John