CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   7/12/15 afternoon trolling (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2966)

5th Tuition 07-12-2015 07:56 PM

7/12/15 afternoon trolling

1 Attachment(s)
I try to stay away from weekend fishing, but with light winds and possibility of showers on Monday, I thought I'd jump out and try to pick up a couple of fish and scout the area above LP Buoy:D

Left the slip around 2:30 and a friend and I slipped across the bay. We spotted Chessie 27 working a little further east so I called to say I was going to drop lines west of him. I had four of 7 lines out when the longest rod started taking drag:eek: I put my friend on that rod (out 22 bars with a Captain John spreader and spoons). I ain't stupid:)
A nice 28 inch fish went in the box. This was going to be easy;) I got all the lines out and one of my deep rods (5 bars with 28 ozs) with a red hose started pulsing. No drag, but bending enough to have a 22 inch fish on the line.

We caught a few shorts (6) that would have been keepers last year. We needed one more fish for a successful trip (my buddy wanted two and I just needed one for fresh fish tomorrow:)
Jeff and I had stayed in touch and we were both marking fish that wouldn't bite. He called and suggested I run through a nice school of fish near a channel marker. I swung in behind him and picked up another 22 inch fish (thanks Jeff).

It was only 4:30 so we stayed out a little while longer looking for a true limit of fish. However, we lost our tide and enthusiasm. Called Jeff to say we were pulling rods and heading in to filet fish. As we ran north, we saw even more Deale Charters even further north!!

Fish are still there, but a lot of fish have been taken out of that area:mad: Once again, it looks like it's the only game in town. Not sure how much pressure they can take:mad:
5th

Chessie27 07-13-2015 06:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We ended up with a 22" in the box, a short Rock and a small blue. Hoses and spoon spreader. Morning bite was much better from what I hear.

Spoke to Jason, Marty, and a charter buddy, sounds like the afternoon was tough all the way around. At least I had a decent crew with me though :)

5th Tuition 07-13-2015 06:51 AM

Oh the benefits of a bigger boat:D At least I guess that is the incentive:eek:

Nice working with you yesterday.
5th

Mako mike 07-13-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 20137)
We ended up with a 22" in the box, a short Rock and a small blue. Hoses and spoon spreader. Morning bite was much better from what I hear.

Spoke to Jason, Marty, and a charter buddy, sounds like the afternoon was tough all the way around. At least I had a decent crew with me though :)

Now that's what I call a nice limit!

bhl 07-13-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

"It's good to be the King";)

No Ragrets 07-13-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

I don't know if decent would be a word I used to describe them.

Chessie27 07-13-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Ragrets (Post 20141)
I don't know if decent would be a word I used to describe them.

Hey Ragrats, they are all YOOOOUUUR cousins!!! I would agree that "decent" and them may not mesh well. If anyone needs to know anything about women, just ask us, we heard it ALL yesterday and not much of it was decent! :eek:

Skip 07-13-2015 08:43 PM

Any day you got a dozen boobs on the boat is a great one :D

Chessie27 07-14-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 20143)
Any day you got a dozen boobs on the boat is a great one :D

True Dat my friend!! ;)