CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   For All you Hopeless Romantics.. (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1207)

Reverb 02-09-2011 05:25 PM

For All you Hopeless Romantics..

Monday is Valentines Day. If your so inclined to buy your wife flowers, the very best that you can do, is to get your fat asses out of bed on Sunday. Bring a bucket for water, and find a Whole Foods Market. Be there at 8:00 am. You can buy two roses for probably under $60. They have staff that will combine them together for you. Put them in water, hide them in your truck. Before she wakes up on Monday, put them somewhere in the house, with a card.

Forget 800- Flowers, forget Proflowers and for that matter forget your local floral shop, if there's still any open.

And for Gods sakes, don't forget a condom....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mikie 02-09-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverb (Post 9819)
Monday is Valentines Day. If your so inclined to buy your wife flowers, the very best that you can do, is to get your fat asses out of bed on Sunday. Bring a bucket for water, and find a Whole Foods Market. Be there at 8:00 am. You can buy two roses for probably under $60. They have staff that will combine them together for you. Put them in water, hide them in your truck. Before she wakes up on Monday, put them somewhere in the house, with a card.

Forget 800- Flowers, forget Proflowers and for that matter forget your local floral shop, if there's still any open.

And for Gods sakes, don't forget a condom....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

If I spent $60 for 2 roses my wife would probably shoot me. Two lobsters would probably work out better (for both of us).

Reverb 02-09-2011 07:15 PM

Sorry its TWO DOZEN.... not two..:cool:

mark1234 02-10-2011 05:12 PM

I'm selling a dozen for $34.95 in a box. If anybody needs some let me know and I'll give you the fellow fisherman discount.

Blakesdad 02-10-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark1234 (Post 9851)
I'm selling a dozen for $34.95 in a box. If anybody needs some let me know and I'll give you the fellow fisherman discount.

I despise boxed roses.. But please amuse me.. What variety of red are you selling ???

mark1234 02-11-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 9852)
I despise boxed roses.. But please amuse me.. What variety of red are you selling ???

We have two varieties, one is Freedom, I'm not sure of the other, I would have to check.

We don't have a designer, so the boxed, cash and carry works for the person who just wants to show up with something. I think people who want to make a statement, with a well presented arrangement use the florist.

Hockleyneck 02-11-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark1234 (Post 9857)
We have two varieties, one is Freedom, I'm not sure of the other, I would have to check.

We don't have a designer, so the boxed, cash and carry works for the person who just wants to show up with something. I think people who want to make a statement, with a well presented arrangement use the florist.

I thought you were in there making flower arrangments all day. Although based on what you wear, a white box is probably better.:D