CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   When and who - first PSCR trolled Rock (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2150)

Skip 03-08-2013 07:06 PM

When and who - first PSCR trolled Rock

I'm hoping to try Monday but some one might beat me to punch as Sunday looks really good.

5th Tuition 03-08-2013 07:52 PM

I'm putting my boat sticker on the boat tomorrow. :D

garlien 03-08-2013 11:39 PM

Marty,

If you need a crew thisv weekend, just shout.

:)

bhl 03-09-2013 06:09 AM

Splashing mine next Friday at Kent Narrows. Sea trial with Cummins at noon then across the bay to my slip. It's no sense running all that way without a couple of rods out. May fish next Saturday as well.

bhl (Bruce)

B-Faithful 03-09-2013 08:18 PM

Osprey sighting off of the Magothy. :)

I dont know when I will get out but I am hoping for trip soon. My boat is a mess in desperate need of a cleaning and my trailer needs servicing too.

oldfart 03-11-2013 05:46 AM

slow day, picked up a couple LTJ Choptank area. Rips was dead

garlien 03-11-2013 11:04 AM

Any size to the ones you picked up ?

Did they look like resident or migratory fish ?

oldfart 03-11-2013 01:28 PM

biggest was maybe 16, couple of 12", slow slow day, 5 people fishing, maybe total of 10 fish. This crew usually catches a 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 15214)
Any size to the ones you picked up ?

Did they look like resident or migratory fish ?

5th Tuition 03-11-2013 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Only trolled from West River (where John had some work done to the boat) back to Deale. Good news; saw osprey and gannets:D We put out a six rod spread and picked up one nice healthy fish off a "six pack" 8 bars off the boards.
Photo below:

5th Tuition 03-11-2013 09:01 PM

We didn't see a lot of bait (no baitballs) but saw scattered bait. We marked more rockfish deep (the bay hasn't turned over yet) but caught this fish shallow:rolleyes:

The only osprey's we saw were sitting on poles, scoping out new homes. The gannets were flying (not diving) and we only saw about four. I can't report water temperature because John's temp gauge is off a few degrees:mad:

I did find some sea snot on the lures:mad::mad: lets hope it doesn't get too bad this year. Last year we didn't have any problems with winter jellies:) As a mate, I don't like to have to keep checking lures and cleaning them. If the lure is out of the water, it doesn't catch:eek:

We didn't get out until about 1:30 and probably only had lines in the water about two hours. No sea lice on the fish (resident?), no measurement; back in the water after a quick pic.

Caught him in about 35 ft of water on the western side south of West River. It looks like the winds are going to stay with us the next couple of days. My boat will stay in the slip; the Markley handles the water slop a lot better:D

I'll report the next time we get out.
5th (Marty)