CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fellow Trollers (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1270)

5th Tuition 03-28-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justchillin (Post 10432)
Hey Marty i actually cut down 2 of my umbrellas just to see how the smaller ones catch. If they catch the same they should be a little more user friendly lol

Well; now that you actually bought some true reels (330 gti's) for those umbrellas, they will be easier to get to the boat:D.
Marty

Hockleyneck 03-28-2011 08:10 PM

Ask to see Marty's AARP card, it gets him 10% off at Denny's on Tuesdays before 5:00, and no reeling in the WWB rod.:D

Hockleyneck 03-28-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 10424)
Just wear a pair of white boots - then you can run as many as you want. :D

That is funny, my son wanted to know what I was laughing at.

5th Tuition 03-28-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockleyneck (Post 10437)
Ask to see Marty's AARP card, it gets him 10% off at Denny's on Tuesdays before 5:00, and no reeling in the WWB rod.:D

On Alan's boat, if I grab the WWB rod, it's no problem. I just make him put the boat in neutral, let all the lures fall in the mud, and make Alan net my fish:eek:.
I still think Alan's boat (proline 23 express with 250 verado) is one of the sweetest boats on the bay.
I tell him $hit like that so he keeps asking me to fish with him:D.
5th (Marty)

mlag 03-29-2011 11:44 AM

Without a doubt my most productive boat rod is a large chartruese umbrella.......(20 inch) with 2 (2 oz) white parachutes with 9" chartruese shads on opposing arms back 200 feet with no additional weight.......Mark

Stinkbait 03-29-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlag (Post 10441)
Without a doubt my most productive boat rod is a large chartruese umbrella.......(20 inch) with 2 (2 oz) white parachutes with 9" chartruese shads on opposing arms back 200 feet with no additional weight.......Mark

I'll make sure that I do not grab that rod if it gets hit.....or double hit:eek:

Jim

5th Tuition 03-29-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlag (Post 10441)

Holy Crap;
How about I cut everything in half: I use a small umbrella, with one 2 oz weight, with 6 inch shads, back 100 ft:D. Think I'll catch half as many fish:rolleyes:.

Oh, Oh, Wait; I'll put two small umbrellas out (one on each corner of the transom), and still catch as many fish as Mark:eek:.

Seriously, thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to decide what to run off the 46 Markley as boat lines. I don't have to reel in any of the above suggestions:).

Last question, do you think a big deisel motor and large prop would affect Greg's short (55/75 ft) umbrella's?

I'll have to pick Steve's brain on the Stormy Petral for idea's as well.
5th (Marty)

Fish Nut 03-29-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 10443)
Last question, do you think a big deisel motor and large prop would affect Greg's short (55/75 ft) umbrella's?

5th (Marty)

NO probably better than the outboard considering dry exhust

mlag 03-30-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 10443)
Holy Crap;
How about I cut everything in half: I use a small umbrella, with one 2 oz weight, with 6 inch shads, back 100 ft:D. 5th (Marty)

Forgot to mention that I do have a 114H Penn reel on that setup:p Heck, even Cindy pulls in that rod!!! Now the wwwwwback at 325........now I have been known to hand that one over to the newbie on board that day:D...........Mark

crabby and son 03-30-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlag (Post 10466)
Forgot to mention that I do have a 114H Penn reel on that setup:p Heck, even Cindy pulls in that rod!!! Now the wwwwwback at 325........now I have been known to hand that one over to the newbie on board that day:D...........Mark

Hand it to me. My biggest rock came off of that rod:D...Thanks..........Gary