CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   4/29 limit... finally!! (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2210)

Chessie27 04-29-2013 06:14 PM

4/29 limit... finally!!

1 Attachment(s)
Got out just above the bridge today and was surprised to find almost no one. Wind, rain, and being a work day paid off. We had 4 guys but ended up making a quick trip in to shore to drop a guy off (see photo). He forgot to take his fish with him for some reason so we had to release #4. That's ok, she was still working her way to the spawning grounds anyway. Kept 3 fish from 34"- 37" that we're nice and thin :D
Spankin Stripers on the port side was the hot ticket!! Fish were in 45' and not in a ton of bait. Marked a bunch near the sewer pipe but didn't hook up there; more towards the western shore. My 2 friends had their personal best trip ever so it was a GREAT day.
I did notice that the charters that were headed towards the ships when I left this morning were cleaned up and gone by the time we got back to the dock. :rolleyes:

Ps- my buddies thumb is throbbing like hell but fine. I need to put bolt cutters on the boat just in case that happens again. Please use caution when removing hooks from lively fish, or better yet... use tools!! :D

Chessie27 04-29-2013 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't seem to load more than 1 photo at a time. Today's catch.

Chessie27 04-29-2013 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spankin' Stripers!! New color for 2013. Notice the 33oz one laying on the deck; What a beast!!

5th Tuition 04-29-2013 06:22 PM

Good catch Jeff; the fish that is:D
5th

Skip 04-29-2013 06:28 PM

Please tell me you got pictures with the hook in the thumb and not just X ray :D

If so , I'll take three 8x10's.

I'd love to hear what doctors say in private about cutting hooks from fishermen.

Congrats on limit - you guys sure earned it.

Did Gary from Spankin' Striper happen to tell you what that lure is called ?

jimbob1 04-29-2013 07:04 PM

Good job on the fish, hope your buddy is feeling no pain by now.
I will be out later this week.

Jimmy

Chessie27 04-29-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 15614)
Please tell me you got pictures with the hook in the thumb and not just X ray :D

If so , I'll take three 8x10's.

I'd love to hear what doctors say in private about cutting hooks from fishermen.

Congrats on limit - you guys sure earned it.

Did Gary from Spankin' Striper happen to tell you what that lure is called ?

I thought it might be too graphic to post :D
Thanks!
He sure did, again, "might" be too graphic :D

Rivercat09 04-30-2013 11:48 AM

Jeff,

You mind telling us what the weights of the Spankin' Stripers and how far back that got the fish? My impression, both personally (caught one on a 2 oz single chartreuse back 100') and from reading reports was that they were especially high up in the water column this year.

Congratulations!

Don

Chessie27 04-30-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivercat09 (Post 15618)
Jeff,

You mind telling us what the weights of the Spankin' Stripers and how far back that got the fish? My impression, both personally (caught one on a 2 oz single chartreuse back 100') and from reading reports was that they were especially high up in the water column this year.

Congratulations!

Don

The big one on the deck is 33oz and the trailer is 9oz. Fished on braid off boat rod 2 bars; still relatively high in the water column. I was marking fish at almost 20' down so figured that set up would put it close to just above their nose. I have caught on that rig both times I have run it. It's $50 just for the 33oz :eek: but if it is the difference between Zero and Hero, that's money we'll spent! ;)