CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Better Late Than Never, Sunday, Calvert Cliffs (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1763)

Blakesdad 03-20-2012 07:28 AM

Better Late Than Never, Sunday, Calvert Cliffs

Needed to fish on Sunday.. Wanted to go to the Flats, but after hearing repoert from Steve, nada chance...

So, as retarded as this sounds, up at 2, at Phils at 2:30, Chessy Beach at 4, at Power Plant at 5. Early bird gets the worm, right......:rolleyes: Not really...

Spent next hour doing the Rip thingy, few shorts for our efforts.. Joined by Francis and Darryl, at 6. Pete at 7:00, Leon and Benny at 7:15. Regular TF reunion....

About 7:30, my pole tip is in the water.. Finlly something interested in my 10 white BKD. Not 30 seconds later, Phils pole tip in water.. NICE......:D

Five minutes later, we both land 36".... And that was about the extent of it.

We know they are there. Whether they have lock jaw or not, is a different story...

the unusal bite and warm weather saga, continues....

Spot77 03-20-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 13077)
Needed to fish on Sunday.. Wanted to go to the Flats, but after hearing repoert from Steve, nada chance...

So, as retarded as this sounds, up at 2, at Phils at 2:30, Chessy Beach at 4, at Power Plant at 5. Early bird gets the worm, right......:rolleyes: Not really...

Spent next hour doing the Rip thingy, few shorts for our efforts.. Joined by Francis and Darryl, at 6. Pete at 7:00, Leon and Benny at 7:15. Regular TF reunion....

About 7:30, my pole tip is in the water.. Finlly something interested in my 10 white BKD. Not 30 seconds later, Phils pole tip in water.. NICE......:D

Five minutes later, we both land 36".... And that was about the extent of it.

We know they are there. Whether they have lock jaw or not, is a different story...

the unusal bite and warm weather saga, continues....

That sounds a LOT like our trip there about ten days ago. Except we got there around 9:30, Pete, Jamie and one other boat were already there, and we didn't see anybody c atch anything, nor did we catch anything.

So maybe it wasn't really THAT similar, huh? :o

Anyone know when the 2nd reactor comes back online? Probably won't matter as much now with ALL of the water warming up so aquickly.

MikeLong 03-21-2012 05:37 PM

Went there Monday for a few hours after splashing the boat. Nada. Three other boats there and didnt see anything caught. Didnt get there till 10 since first time splashing the boat for the year. Where the heck are they?

Spot77 03-21-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLong (Post 13102)
Went there Monday for a few hours after splashing the boat. Nada. Three other boats there and didnt see anything caught. Didnt get there till 10 since first time splashing the boat for the year. Where the heck are they?

Maybe the area has gotten way too much pressure with all of the outstanding weather we've had. Couple that with the warmer bay water temps overall and the one reactor being shut down......well that might just mean there's less fish holding there.

From follwing all of the reports, I'm convinced that a lot of fish have moved up the bay weeks ahead of their normal migration.

one fish 03-21-2012 11:04 PM

monday

hey mike. i think i was there monday. went trolling after nothing at pp. got a couple. today got a couple at pp, nothing trollin.
been a very, very poor, terrible, disgusting, etc winter for catchin at the pp.

MikeLong 03-22-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one fish (Post 13112)
hey mike. i think i was there monday. went trolling after nothing at pp. got a couple. today got a couple at pp, nothing trollin.
been a very, very poor, terrible, disgusting, etc winter for catchin at the pp.

Thought that was you Ron. I was in the Yellow Jones Brothers. Beautiful day for a boat ride. Also a great day for fishing, but not catching. Good news is the boat ran like a champ.

See you on the water soon I hope. Next time we'll get em.

drichitt 03-24-2012 08:58 AM

They shut down the one reactor on Feb 5 for 51 days.....so if their schedule holds tight, looks like March 27 things could change?;)