CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Quick Patapsco report (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2754)

bhl 11-30-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18862)
It's a report of what some of the fishermen are doing in the upper bay! :D

I think my fishing is done for the year. With water temps in the low 40's, and the poor reports coming from north of the BB, what's the point? Maybe when I make the run to Denton to get pulled I will try them off the Choptank before heading upriver.

Are you going to the factory for the winter?

5th Tuition 11-30-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 18863)
Are you going to the factory for the winter?

He must be getting those twin 300 suzuki's put on this winter:D
5th

mark1234 11-30-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18855)
Yesterday we decided to leave the rods racked and go for a late lunch cruise to The Point in Arnold.

Just got back from there, and I am stuffed. We found it last weekend, and decided to give lunch a try. I did take a look at the docking and had the same thought, that summer would be a challenge, especially in a big boat. Maybe a good location for our next get together?

Spot77 11-30-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18855)
Yesterday we decided to leave the rods racked and go for a late lunch cruise to The Point in Arnold. Lolo (JY under construction right now) was there last week and Bill Judge's lovely sister in law was there a couple weeks ago so that was enough endorsement for me to go check it out. I choose the lovely sister in law and Bill's brother Jimmy over Lolo to join us and off we went. (Sorry Lolo, I said she was lovely)

Food - AWESOME!!! Tried almost every app they offer. Winter menu prices were very reasonable. We STUFFED ourselves and carried out leftovers. :eek:
Drinks- yummy. Everything we had was $8
Dockage- very limited. Not bad now if you ignore the "no docking" signs but in season, must be a nightmare. 4 or 5 restaurant slips that are small and shallow- so bow in!
Atmosphere- quite nice. 4 TVs and decent sized bar. Great service!!

I'm a big fan of Mike's North and that will remain my go to in season but I wil be back to The Point before the boat gets pulled in 2 weeks. It was a great afternoon!!

May not eat for a few days now as we were "stuffed to the limit" leaving there. (And there was a lot less pressure on me than if we had put rods out!!) :)

I used to go there tons when it was the old dive ass bar with a tent for a roof. Getting a little pier space was always easy in my 15' bass boat. :cool:

Mike (Garlien) and I took our wives there back in the summer for a nice night outside. It's a mere 7 minutes from my house which makes it SWEET.

The summer months can make it hell getting in and out of there. The channel is very narrow and takes a few quick turns, and getting just a few feet outside the markers would be dangerous for a 3'+ draft boat. I've seen lots of poor boat handling end peoples' fun times. Had to tow a boat back to the ramp there at Ferry point when he sheered off most of his prop. :eek:

Great place to visit during the week in the summer. Weekends are um.....exciting.

Chessie27 11-30-2014 07:09 PM

Going to the JY factory for the winter. Getting a couple minor things done but not getting twin 300's - think triples would be better!! :eek: Just kidding!

Not a bad spot for a get-together but seemed kinda tight on seating during the winter months.

Mark- if I had known you were gonna be there today, I would have left my bill for ya! :p

Marty - will advise of next visit. It will be soon.

I love dive bars!!! Somehow I feel more at home :D

Mako mike 11-30-2014 07:22 PM

Count me in if a non judge owner is welcome

5th Tuition 11-30-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 18869)
Count me in if a non judge owner is welcome

When we have a "get together" it's for all CBAnglers:D
5th