CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   7' Custom Built trolling rod for sale (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1432)

Steve F 10-12-2011 06:33 AM

7' Custom Built trolling rod for sale

I have a 7’ M/H action trolling rod with a fast tip that I got stuck with. The guy order it and after I got it done he said he could not take it. :mad: It has the EVA foam handle and fore grip and the reel seat is graphite with aluminum hoods gold in color. It also has a gold gimbal. The colors over the guides are a neat looking metallic green with gold trim and you would not have any problems picking this rod out from others. It also has a striper decal on it. Marty said this would be a great way way back trolling rod for someone. I have over $150.00 in it but I would let it go for no less than $100.00. If someone is interested in it and would like to see some photos let me know and I can email them to you. Not sure how to post pic’s on this web site, not that smart.

240 LTS 10-25-2011 07:14 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Posting photos for Steve.
If it performs as well as it looks, then it should be a great rod.
I wouldn't mind having it but I rarely troll.

Steve F 10-25-2011 03:02 PM

Jeff, thanks so much for posting these photos I really appreciate it.

5th Tuition 10-25-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240 LTS (Post 11509)
Posting photos for Steve.
If it performs as well as it looks, then it should be a great rod.
I wouldn't mind having it but I rarely troll.

Damn; it would have been a perfect rod to troll off a cruise ship:D.

I hope you had a great time.
5th

Steve F 10-25-2011 05:25 PM

Well that did not take long at all, the rod has found a home and I'll let the lucky guy tell you who he is if he wishes.

240 LTS 10-26-2011 07:10 AM

That's great!

Skip 10-26-2011 02:00 PM

I'll wait until I catch a few fish on it before letting any one know I bought it :D:D.

Can not wait to try it out - another few weeks and big fish hopefully will be here.

5th Tuition 10-26-2011 02:21 PM

Best of luck with the new rod. Are you going to use it as a wwb rod? I can almost see a 21 tony making the rod tip move (tic, tic, tic).
5th (Marty)

Skip 10-26-2011 02:36 PM

Not sure yet.

Sounds very similar to the 7 foot King Mackerel rods I use off the planers with singles. They are from Penn - Dave Workman model with little rollers. Rod was discontinued. Shame because it matches up well with a 320LD reel.

My WWB runs from a center rigger so any rod will work there.

Perfect timing as I was looking to replace at least one rod that busted during spring.

Spot77 10-26-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 11534)
Best of luck with the new rod. Are you going to use it as a wwb rod? I can almost see a 21 tony making the rod tip move (tic, tic, tic).
5th (Marty)

Way, WAY Back rod???????