CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   High Water (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2700)

5th Tuition 10-04-2014 10:59 AM

High Water

1 Attachment(s)
Headed to OC for a couple days of R and R with the wife. Stopped at The Narrows for a quick lunch. Water from Bay in the parking lots and partially covered roads:(. Wow
5th

5th Tuition 10-04-2014 11:00 AM

Waitress says tide is still coming in:)

Skip 10-04-2014 02:48 PM

And everyone thought I was crazy to buy my house near BWI airport.

Way it is going - it will be waterfront around 2030 :D

Getting more flooding high tides each year - can only imagine what west shore was like.

Chessie27 10-05-2014 05:37 AM

Took the Justified to Fells Point yesterday for a birthday party. There was a lot of stuff floating in the Patapsco. Some of it was BIG stuff too. I hit a log that was 8" in diameter and 5' long. I missed about 10 of them there were similar in size. Fortunately I was able to turn enough that it didn't hit my running gear. The wind was howling but we still were able to run 19knots going over and 23-26knots coming home. Judge Yacht weather!!!

On our way into the harbor, a kayaker was off of Canton and flipped. It took a while for him to come up and then his yak was swamped. We rushed over and fished him and his gear out of the water, gave him a beer to hydrate, and took him to shore. Another boat stopped to assist as well if needed. FYI- 280lbs, 20knot winds, and a kayak do not mix! I'm thinking this good deed is what kept the log off my prop!! Karma!

bhl 10-05-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 18510)
Headed to OC for a couple days of R and R with the wife. Stopped at The Narrows for a quick lunch. Water from Bay in the parking lots and partially covered roads:(. Wow
5th

Wait a minute. R and R:confused:. Retirement must be tough on you.I may have to re think retiring:rolleyes:
Enjoy !!

bhl (Bruce)

Spot77 10-05-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18516)
Took the Justified to Fells Point yesterday for a birthday party. There was a lot of stuff floating in the Patapsco. Some of it was BIG stuff too. I hit a log that was 8" in diameter and 5' long. I missed about 10 of them there were similar in size. Fortunately I was able to turn enough that it didn't hit my running gear. The wind was howling but we still were able to run 19knots going over and 23-26knots coming home. Judge Yacht weather!!!

On our way into the harbor, a kayaker was off of Canton and flipped. It took a while for him to come up and then his yak was swamped. We rushed over and fished him and his gear out of the water, gave him a beer to hydrate, and took him to shore. Another boat stopped to assist as well if needed. FYI- 280lbs, 20knot winds, and a kayak do not mix! I'm thinking this good deed is what kept the log off my prop!! Karma!

Being out in a kayak in high winds is just plain dumb, especially for inexperienced rec kayakers. I hope this guy was wearing his pfd.

I absolutely believe that good karma comes back around for good deeds done. I've towed enough boats back o their home pier over the years that I should be covered on the water for a lifetime.

Chessie27 10-05-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 18518)
Being out in a kayak in high winds is just plain dumb, especially for inexperienced rec kayakers. I hope this guy was wearing his pfd.

I absolutely believe that good karma comes back around for good deeds done. I've towed enough boats back o their home pier over the years that I should be covered on the water for a lifetime.

No, I think he said he took it off. He did have it clutched in his hand, along with the yak, and the paddle.

I hear ya. I wanted to paint Justifed blaze orange but my bride said "don't you tow enough people in already? Why do you want to look like vessel assist?" :D

5th Tuition 10-05-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 18517)
Wait a minute. R and R:confused:. Retirement must be tough on you.I may have to re think retiring:rolleyes:
Enjoy !!

bhl (Bruce)

It is tough. On Friday it was blowing 15-20 so I calked and painted one of my two picture windows. I needed a break:D
Next day it blows, I'll do the other one:rolleyes:

5th

bhl 10-07-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 18523)
It is tough. On Friday it was blowing 15-20 so I calked and painted one of my two picture windows. I needed a break:D
Next day it blows, I'll do the other one:rolleyes:

5th

Marty,
Check your PM's please.

bhl (Bruce)