CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   9/15 COPS Tournement (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3015)

Chessie27 09-15-2015 08:27 PM

9/15 COPS Tournement

The MD chapter is Concerns Of Police Survivors held a tourney out of Rock Hall this afternoon. We got a group of 5 people from the DC area and who would have guessed it but 3 of the 5 were girls. Damn it, seems I somehow always find the women in the crowd!! :D. So we caught 14 rock and 11 blues but everything was short except for a couple blues and a 22 1/4" rock. Pulled the same spread as Saturday of hoses, spoons, and spoonbrellas using mainly #2 & 3 planers. Small birds working small fish but still fun to catch something. Winning fish was 33" I think.

Fun time, good people, and caught some fish to boot!! Good day in my book!!!

5th Tuition 09-16-2015 04:11 AM

Jeff; so sorry you keep getting an inexperienced crew for these tournaments:D

Congrats for finding fish.
5th

Out today with Lou:mad:

Mako mike 09-16-2015 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 20387)
Jeff; so sorry you keep getting an inexperienced crew for these tournaments:D

Congrats for finding fish.
5th

Out today with Lou:mad:

Good luck Marty o boy, you drum is the last big fish I've seen caught, including Oceanside.

5th Tuition 09-16-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 20388)
Good luck Marty o boy, you drum is the last big fish I've seen caught, including Oceanside.

Was out on Lou's boat today. Left Sandy Point, ran south, checked the Tolly Point area for birds and breaking fish; no love there, so scooted across the bay to Gum Thickets (red 86) looking for bait; nothing:eek:
Picked up rods and ran south just past Bloody Point. Birds were working over dinks. Rick (fish off gloves) gave us some info about fish behind Poplar. They weren't there today:mad:
Ran back toward the West River and saw 5 charters working:D:D Some even had boards out:) Birds were working, fish were breaking and boats were catching.......................................... ...............15 inch fish:mad::mad:

Found more breakers in the area and stayed with them (jigging) the rest of the morning. Never did find a better grade of fish under any of the bird shows. Tom Hughes fished next to us for a couple hours, running with us from place to place. His customers had a blast catching small undersize rock (different strokes for different folks).
We finally left for home around 1pm. Loaded Lou's boat back on his pretty new trailer, and watched the NRP doing drills at Sandy Point with cadets. Saw a guy load his boat and getting ready to leave the park with his antenna "flying". Five seasoned officers were standing in the parking lot. I yelled over to the guy that his antenna was up. He got back out of his truck and couldn't thank me enough for "saving" his antenna:D
Looks like I'll poke around north of the bridge for a while.
5th

Rockin' Robin 09-16-2015 10:18 PM

Marty - did you take a look up in ebay?

5th Tuition 09-17-2015 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin (Post 20390)
Marty - did you take a look up in ebay?

Yes; really took a hard look where we found breakers last time I was with you:D

I actually think "timing" is the biggest concern. Many of the places we went "probably" will hold fish sometime during the day. It's being there at the right time that makes a difference.
I was disappointed with not finding a better grade of fish, but that's fishing:eek:
5th

Chessie27 09-17-2015 07:49 PM

Well you can't say it wasn't from a lack of effort; you boys covered some water.

5th Tuition 09-17-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 20392)
Well you can't say it wasn't from a lack of effort; you boys covered some water.

Not my fuel for a change:eek:
5th