CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The fish whisperer :) (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3045)

5th Tuition 11-08-2015 09:17 PM

The fish whisperer :)

Such a pretty night; I had to run down to the boat and see who was there and what was happening.

Mako Mike and his friend Dale showed up and planned to make a quick run to see what the waters close to the Bodkin could produce. I've been wanting to get Mike on my boat, so I suggested we take my Judge. Made a short run south and scoped the area for working birds. Nothing happening that we could see.

I dropped 5 trolling rods in the channel and then began to work the edge. Lines were in the water about 15 minutes when I spotted birds working Belvedere. We wound up the big sticks and ran to the flock of birds with the "little wippy ones".
As soon as I got there, the birds stopped working. Still plenty sitting on the water, and we saw Shawn Kimbro's "Thunder Road" preparing to leave the area:mad: This most likely meant small fish (if Shawn didn't want to stay).

We were really only interested in some bent bent rods with the HOPE of a keeper or two. I was jigging small metal because I figured a six inch BKD might be too big. Sure enough, tiny fish 6-12 inches found my jig. Mike had a gulp plastic shad (maybe 5 inches) and Dale had something similar. We all laughed and ragged on each other as we continued to boat dinks.

Suddenly, Mike hooked one that stretched his line and threw a decent bend in his rod. We all told him he had foul hooked a small one:D He convinced me to get the net, and a keeper came onboard. Mike noticed some nice splashes and was sorry he didn't have any topwater plugs. I looked around my tackle and found one that was just a bit big for the fish we were catching:eek: Mike tied it on anyway, and on the first cast, had a good swirl behind the lure. The second cast produced a nice 22 inch striper:):)

Dale and I continued to hook into the small stuff. Eventually, Mike went back to his gulp lure and put a third keeper in the box. I continued to be the good host and let my crew catch all the good fish:D:D

Good to be able to make a quick trip; have at least one angler who could catch keepers; and get back in just before dark. Mike did such a good job, I was almost tempted to show him the Judge secret handshake:D

5th

Mako mike 11-09-2015 05:45 AM

Thanks again for the quick trip it was a blast. Nothing like catching them on topwater. A great time with good friends what a way to end the weekend. At least for us working folk.

Chessie27 11-09-2015 07:18 PM

Even though Judge Mike doesn't roll off the tongue like MakoMike does, it does command some respect. I think he will love his new 27Chesapeake, as soon as he gets it on order!! :D

Mako mike 11-10-2015 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Damn shame it would take a judges salary to afford the one I like!

Chessie27 11-10-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 20572)
Damn shame it would take a judges salary to afford the one I like!

That 34' is a SWEET offshore machine!! And you're right, it does take a Judge's salary to own that boat, Bill's brother Jimmy ! :D