CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Help 2010 Striper Regulations (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=554)

garlien 03-11-2010 11:17 AM

Help 2010 Striper Regulations

There has been so much movement and so many changes with these regulations, that I have become a little confused. Any help would be great...

1. Trolling - If I am trolling in the mid bay lets say from around the brdige to Hart Miller is the only restriction I have to follow the no stinger hooks restriction ? If so does that mean I cant daisy chain lures or use umbrellas ? Or does that mean I cant run a tandem shad setup with one shad then another 2 feet away or so ? Am I missing anything ? And how long am I a restricted ? Does this apply all year ?

2. If I am using spinning gear, in the same area, then I beleive I need to use a barbless hook if its over 1/2" gap or a cirlce hook ? Is that correct ? Am I missing anything else ?

I know the standard rules C&R. areas to fish etc...Just wondering about these new rules...Want to make sure I am doing what I am expected to do out there.....

Thanks for helping me understand....

Skip 03-11-2010 11:44 AM

It's not too bad.

If you were born on a weekday and are left handed - you can fish every other odd day - unless it falls on a Saturday. :D

Sorry - had to do it.

Real rule change applies mostly to trolling. Six lines ( rods / dummy ) are allowed per boat. Rules go in March 22nd and stay until April 16th. After the 16th - you can troll as many rods as you want - stingers are OK.

The lure used must be a single hook with the barb mashed down. You can use tandems / umbrellas and daisy chains.

Circle hooks apply to bait fishing.

Double check your DNR booklet - I do not think you can fish north of the Brewerton for C/R fishing :confused:

Fish Nut 03-11-2010 11:48 AM

To save the rock fish population you will have to do the following before the KILLING season begins.
First if you troll. Key word Troll For Rock Fish.

1. You will be limited to fish 6 rods on a boat.
2. All lures used must not have a trailing hook AKA stinger.
3. All barbs must be mashed down r removed from the hooks
4. “Not a law” Careful handling of the fish should be practice and returned to the water as quickly as possible

All setups that are currently used are allowed as long as they apply with the above.

Umbrellas are ok , daisy chins tandem rigs ect.

Bait fishing is allowed however if your hook is over the gap length it must be a circle hook

I am glad I only fish for Blues. You rock fish guys are to emotional. :D

5th Tuition 03-11-2010 05:17 PM

Mike; I just checked the DNR website, and it plainly states that YOU are not allowed to fish before April 17th. All other fishermen are allowed on the water with restrictions:D.
5th (Marty)

Night Nurse 03-12-2010 05:15 AM

So if you place your leading hook way far back lets say where your stinger would have been then you do not have a trailing hook so that would be legal right?:D

TED

goinsfishin 03-12-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Nurse (Post 5302)
So if you place your leading hook way far back lets say where your stinger would have been then you do not have a trailing hook so that would be legal right?:D

TED

As long as the barb is mashed or filed down it seems to be OK within the new regs.