CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   new personal weight record (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=697)

B-Faithful 04-15-2010 06:36 AM

new personal weight record

2 Attachment(s)
I hooked up on a new personal best weight record last night... 182lb Jackass fish. :o

Trying to cut a hook guard off of a new parachute my hand slipped and I shoved an 8/0 or 9/0 hook through my middle finger. Barb well into the finger Ouch!!! :eek:

Be careful out there. Rigging for the season can be dangerous. :rolleyes:

Keith, I am very pleased at how sharp your Thomas Point baits are. Please sell them without the hook guards ;) :cool:

reeltor 04-15-2010 07:05 AM

Karma....its a *****:p

5th Tuition 04-15-2010 07:07 AM

Greg; I know what you mean. I was putting together my C/K spread and can personally attest to Rob's (Fish Nut) hooks. I picked up three rods at one time to carry to the boat and the middle rod slipped and the parachute caught my hand. Nobody around to hear me, but I still let the world know how sharp those hooks were. Nothing a small bandage couldn't fix thank goodness.
Last year on TF, someone put a mojo through their knuckle and it made me cringe:eek:.
5th (Marty)

B-Faithful 04-15-2010 07:12 AM

I got myself good! I had to go to the hospital for removal as the barb was next to the bone:eek:

Paul, do you see what finger it is.. Well, that was to ensure I could easily show that finger to you :D

Steve F 04-15-2010 07:42 AM

Damn Greg now that had to hurt. :eek: I hope it does not hinder you fishing abilities :D

crabby and son 04-15-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 6329)
I hooked up on a new personal best weight record last night... 182lb Jackass fish. :o

Trying to cut a hook guard off of a new parachute my hand slipped and I shoved an 8/0 or 9/0 hook through my middle finger. Barb well into the finger Ouch!!! :eek:

Be careful out there. Rigging for the season can be dangerous. :rolleyes:

Keith, I am very pleased at how sharp your Thomas Point baits are. Please sell them without the hook guards ;) :cool:

I thought by your first line in the post you hooked Paul:D At least it was a new chute and not rusted or contaminated. i hope it heals and you don't have any problems............Gary

Baldzilla 04-15-2010 10:05 AM

there's no way you weight 182 pounds, you can't be 160 soaking wet!!! That's nasty BTW

B-Faithful 04-15-2010 10:37 AM

Unfortunately I was 182 on the scales at the doctors. I was 142 when I was running competively about 10 years ago

Billj 04-15-2010 01:32 PM

Wimp! Just pull the thing out next time.:)

Conjuror 04-15-2010 02:35 PM

Greg, I like the strategy of using blood to get a realistic wounded bait affect. Red paint works too, by the way.