View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 11:29 PM

Default A perfect thread

So Mark was kind enough to invite me to the party and here I am....

I am Mike Barnes...Gettin too close to 40....Three wonderful kids...2 boys 16 and 8 and our baby girl at 4...Love our dogs Collie, Black Lab, and Golden...They spend thier life with us in Pasadena....

Been fishing since back in the day...My dad and I used to fish Cabin Creek, Crab Alley, Parsons Island, Eastern Bay, Narrows areas when I was a kid...We had a house right next to Cabin Creek...Learned a lot from the commercial guys that parked in the creek...Back then we could just about throw anything in the water and get something back...Stripers were just another fish along with more white and yellow perch, flounders, and blues than a person could keep...when we wanted crabs for dinner we would throw a bushel basket in an old inner tube and dip net what we wanted right out of the creek...The water was clean and the Bay was full of life...Them was the days...

So I go off to college, life gets busy, and I dont start seriously fishing till about 2 years ago when my dad past and left me his boat...Figured it was some type of message to forget the busy life and enjoy some of it....

20+ years sure have changed things...Now you actually need to have more than just a sinker and hook...there are many days I cant catch a darn thing...But I am learning all over again and having a good time doing it.....

The boat is in the Bodkin, usually from March till November...A 20' center console Shamrock inboard...Small but one hell of a boat...

Look forward to meeting more of you in the future...

Mike