View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:20 PM

There was a boat in the back shop still being built and a group of us were looking them over. I noticed what appeared to be a trailer hitch ball mounted to the rocket launcher. I thought it might be some kind of LED light that rotates; and the "lens" might be on the other side. I climbed up and took a closer look. It was a trailer ball. Now I have to admit, it was nice and shiney and pretty; but what the he11 was it doing welded to the rocket launcher?
I pointed it out to a couple of different people and we all scratched our heads
This is one reason I enjoy going to these events. I like seeing what others are doing to their rides and how they come up with unique solutions to problems.
Obviously; this owner had something in mind that I couldn't fathom
With no one able to come up with a reason for the "Ball", I had to go ask Bill for an explanation. Bill laughed and told me it was for tubing
The owner (or Bill) had come up with a different twist on where to attach a tube line.
Near the end of the day; after everyone had been hitting the beer cooler for a couple of hours, I returned to the same boat and saw that a sign had been posted so that it would explain exactly what the "ball" was for. No need to speculate any longer.

5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tow ball.jpg (12.0 KB, 11 views)