Thread: pop zing nada
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Had a 6 pack on a board line, I don't think they were thirsty.
Had an idea while I was driving home about cleaning all the jellies of the lures.
Next time I will run both boards but set all lines to starboard, then after 30 minutes start pulling one at a time and just set them back out on the port board one at a time so only one bait is out of the water at any given time.
Now that's using your head, I would have never thought about that.
What we do, I run "slider" baits during C/R season. For those that don't know what slider baits are; the line goes through the center "nose" of the lure. When rigged in this fashion the jellies have no where to collect.
When you pull your normal parachute bait, the jellies are most often caught right where the leader line is tied to the chute. The line and the chute form an angle and the "snot" runs down the leader line and stops right next to the chute. You either grab the leader line and shake shake shake until the snot falls off, or as Skip suggested, grab the chute from behind (grab the tail of the shad) and hold the chute upside down (point the head to the water) and the snot falls right off.
With sliders, there's no collection point. The snot (for the most part) passes right over the hair (straight hair, not crinkled) without incident
5th (Marty)