View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 AM

I heard that if a fish can straighten a hook on a 15tony, it is at least 15.2# . Sucks that happened; from what I have heard there was more than a few boats with 1 or no legal rockfish at all so a "hook bender" would have done well. I agree, it is a nicely run, fun tournament. I wish the crew was up for attending the awards but the boat's DD was ready to go home (she is running a half marathon today).

Now, and more importantly, I just started using "Salt Away" this year. I find it to be pretty amazing stuff. When we got in yesterday, the mood was too somber to scrub the boat. I hit the whole thing with the salt away figuring I would clean this morning. I just got back from the boat and the thing was beautiful when I got there. You just spray the whole thing down and walk away, don't even rinse. It really does a nice job. I will say sometimes it does better than others and I think that is probably on windy days it dries too fast and leaves some white streaks BUT, if you are in a hurry and don't feel like a full scrub, I highly recommend a quick rinse down with this stuff. It's not super cheap, but it sure does work well. I do the whole boat with 1 nozzle container full (about 5 oz maybe). BTW, the first jug I bought was actually "Salt Off" and it worked equally as well. Just something to think about when you want to take care of your stuff but you're running short on time...