Thread: Curious
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 09:27 AM

Joe, I know you say you are fairly new to trolling and that you have tweaked your spread off of information gleened from some of the fishing sites. Here's the good news. There is no "right" answer to your question.
You have been successful with your spread. It works for you.
Just as you like to hang a big lure among your small stuff, some others might want to run one spoon among parachutes. Or, hang one Tomic lure among bucktails.
You have been pretty successful. If I was having a bad day, I might switch out the big lure to "match the hatch" and improve my odds.
On the charter boat, I always look for ways to improve my spread during the day. I have a set spread I put out in the morning, but if the bait is deeper on the screen, I can add weight. If I see bait busting the surface, I can drop weight.
On my boat last year, I put out an umbrella with a Tomic lure on it just to #uck with a buddy of mine. It caught a really nice fish
Have fun with your spread, but don't over think it. Fishing is supposed to be fun, when it isn't, it's time to buy golf clubs
5th (Marty)