Thread: Off the grid
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:53 AM

Jeff, I will not be home until late Friday night, I did see another big batch of rain for today in Annapolis, but dry after that. That gives me until Sat or Sun before I get out. If I have to trailer to Solomon's for clear water, I will
More than likely, I won't hit the bay until next Monday due to jet lag the debris should be blown to the shoreline by then

As far as the three rod rule in Japan, I doubt they could afford three rods,
They carry their rods, line (separate, but wrapped around a little spool), hooks, and bobbers all in a case like golfer's or tennis players carry. It's an experience to see "zen" fishing.
You never see (like me in the US), somebody walking down to the pond with three rods clutched tightly in my hand, hooks wrapping around all the rods so it takes me 15 minutes to separate the rods apart, while trying to avoid hooks flying around in the air just looking for a hand to imbed themselves.
I would look like a "cartoon" over here.
Notice the little contraption they have extending from their stool that the rod rests in. Also notice all their rod tips are in the water, nobody fishes with rod tip out of the pond (I don't know why). The guys fishing for bigger fish in the bay, keep their tips pointed down also, but often they are far enough away from the water that the tip is not submerged.
I did see some fish caught and released. I will post photos of the fish. They look like the size and shape of our white perch. I will also post photos of their bobbers. They are slip bobbers, but look like works of art. My photo shows a case full of beautiful bobbers of assorted sizes.
They must think me strange to ask to photograph their bobber case
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (101.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 04-07-2014 at 07:14 AM.