Thread: Off the grid
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 07:08 AM

Speaking of strange
I returned to my local tackle store tonight. If you remember, he gave me a fishing lure as a gift the last time I was there. It is customary to exchange a gift for a gift, so I told my daughter I wanted to go back and I was going to give him my rockfish hat that I brought with me from home. It's certainly not new, but a good conversation piece (or so I thought). My daughter thought a sweat stained old hat might not be the best gift
However, she had something I might be interested in giving him. This is her third time over here, and she has found a gift that she stocks up on when she's back home in Maryland. She brings this item back to Japan and gives it to people who really give her a helping hand. It's an item she has found to be quite popular with everyone who has used it and reported back to her their pleasure.
It is "Old Bay" spice. They haven't got anything like it here. They eat so much seafood (fish, shrimp, crab legs), that when they sprinkle some on their food, they love the taste.
5th (Marty)

I hope you guys are enjoying the thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (88.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 04-07-2014 at 07:20 AM.