View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 04:03 PM

Arrow I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce myself before going on to beg for fishing advice, if I may. I grew up in northern Indiana (Go Irish) before moving to Annapolis about 5 years ago for work. A few years back, as I was literally sitting in the middle of the desert in the Middle East I decided i wanted to take up fishing. A desert is probably either the most logical or least logical place to come up with such an idea, I guess.

I only fished once before in my entire lif. I remember catching a fish, putting it in a bucket, and 5 mins later it promptly leaped out of the bucket, back into the pond. Great start.

So anyways, as I said a few years back I decided if I'm going to live on the Chesapeake Bay I damn well better learn to fish. I bought myself a light pole, nothing too fancy, and since then I've figured out how to use blood worms and bottom lures to catch a ton of spot and perch in the Annapolis (ANP) area. I'd lie if I said I was even a novice fisherman however, since I dont really understand how to fish with lures. Whats a jig? Whats a top lure or a spider jig? These are things I'd love to learn.

So this weekend I plan to get out early Saturday morning and hopefully try to catch some pickerals in Weems Creek, which i've never tried for, so if anyone has some advice, I surely need it.

Thanks guys!