View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:40 PM

Went and checked on my baby again today. (50* indoor storage) Picked a good year to have her inside

Dropped two more 340 penn's off at Clydes Tackle shop for cleaning and maintenance. My buddy Lou gave me two big spools of 50# fluorescent yellow mono for Christmas; which will go on my four new reels.

Captain John still had a couple small Okuma ABF 30's (livelinning reels) that I like on my jigging rod. (Yeah, I know it's sad that I can't bring myself to buy strictly jigging gear):roll eyes: I really like the jigging rod I bought at Bill Judges open house last year, so I will get another one this Saturday The Okuma was a perfect match (balance) with this rod and with 17# braid, it was very good to me last year (in fact, I caught my Diamond Jim fish with this).

I need to pick up some 6 and 9 inch shads from Rob (fishnut) to complete my spread and I should be ready for spring. I took a ride over the Key Bridge and over a few creeks in Essex; didn't see much open water

Avg. temp. should be mid to upper 40's and here we sit below freezing most of the week. Bummer

I'll see a few of you this Saturday.
5th